76 40, fusible link half fried (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caladin

Noob, but trying to learn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bz93.com
So, due to my idiocy, fusible link insulation is half melted, makes me twitch looking at it

What size should I replace with?

Read on another thread about replacing it with an auto resetting breaker, what amperage? Is it as good an idea as it sounds?

Thanks,

Cal/Eric

A fusible link has a unique characteristic that a circuit breaker will not have: The ability to carry large amounts of current for a short amount of time without blowing. However, if TOO much current flows, the fusible link will melt BEFORE the wire it is protecting will.

You need a 2.0mm or a 14ga fusible link about 4" long. The ga of the fusible link should be 4 times SMALLER than the wire it is protecting. Your main charge wire is 10 ga so you need a 14ga fusible link.

I sell these links with OEM connectors so it is plug and play for $21.95. $24.95 if you also need the batttery side connector and wire.

on Pickle "rebuilt" it with a 30 amp fuse for each wire ... worked great for years till I VEEATE swapped it

A fusible link has a unique characteristic that a circuit breaker will not have: The ability to carry large amounts of current for a short amount of time without blowing. However, if TOO much current flows, the fusible link will melt BEFORE the wire it is protecting will.

You need a 2.0mm or a 14ga fusible link about 4" long. The ga of the fusible link should be 4 times SMALLER than the wire it is protecting. Your main charge wire is 10 ga so you need a 14ga fusible link.

I sell these links with OEM connectors so it is plug and play for $21.95. $24.95 if you also need the batttery side connector and wire.

Mine is just crimped in and wired to a ceramic resistor attached to the battery, I guess thats. A PO hack.. crimp connector is pretty toasty too

You do have a Veeate not stock motor ;)

Mine is just crimped in and wired to a ceramic resistor attached to the battery, I guess thats. A PO hack.. crimp connector is pretty toasty too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom