Let's talk front bumpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a Slee up front with a m8000 winch, pretty standard setup. I've been really happy with it. For winching it's super easy to access, and the angles are perfect for using a snatch block.

The only thing I wish it had was some butterfly points so that I could wrap the winch wire around them instead of re-coiling it on the drum to store it (if you're planning on using the wire again in short order it's a bit of a time waster to retract it on the drum then need to spool it out again).

spF0FkX.jpg

I like that style, but again I need clearance for my inter cooler

Sounds like you need a one of a kind bumper with special needs not a production bumper.;)

I modded a slee and it will work with my inner-cooler:flipoff2:

Sounds like you need a one of a kind bumper with special needs not a production bumper.;)

I modded a slee and it will work with my inner-cooler:flipoff2:

Yes I can make it, I was fishing for a company to help me, bend and form the pieces, and maybe manufacture them for sale, for the dark side crowd who run a diesel :flipoff2:

Yes I can make it, I was fishing for a company to help me, bend and form the pieces, and maybe manufacture them for sale, for the dark side crowd who run a diesel :flipoff2:

Sorry but the 80 front bumper market is not big enough for another bumper to make it big. If it was why would a manufacture want to deal with someone fishing? I see you are worry about your IP but I cant imagine your design is something that has not been touched on over the years by someone.

My recommendation would be to find someone to do your one off custom design and if others are blown away by its awesomenest make more. I would not worry about a major manufacture stealing your awesome design and if they did consider it flattery in its best form.

Sorry but the 80 front bumper market is not big enough for another bumper to make it big. If it was why would a manufacture want to deal with someone fishing? I see you are worry about your IP but I cant imagine your design is something that has not been touched on over the years by someone.

My recommendation would be to find someone to do your one off custom design and if others are blown away by its awesomenest make more. I would not worry about a major manufacture stealing your awesome design and if they did consider it flattery in its best form.

I've seen some designs stolen before in the cloth fabrication world; but they were stolen by alibaba/chinese manufacturers so good luck going after a nebulous shifting web of thieves.

Order up the kit for $500 and weld it together yourself:

Land Cruiser

This is 3/16" Body which is actually Heavier than the ARB.

If your gonna get reckless put gussets inside the body.

Don't Forget to Sandblast and paint or powder

How much room does that intercooler pipes take up? Is it all above the skid plate?

thanks for this response, further asserts my suppositions of your level of arrogance.

Just responding to your, calling me a jeep owner, and I guess you must be one of those thin skinned Canoodians

Order up the kit for $500 and weld it together yourself:

Land Cruiser

This is 3/16" Body which is actually Heavier than the ARB.

If your gonna get reckless put gussets inside the body.

Don't Forget to Sandblast and paint or powder

I know Caleb, and again, a non fitting Diesel swapped 80, he does make cool things

How much room does that intercooler pipes take up? Is it all above the skid plate?

Most of the ones I have seen, have a winch bucket, and it sit's to close to the radiator and AC thingy ( which I cannot remember right now) Condenser, I guess I just don't like the generic fit everything ARB bumper, it is just a cookie cutter design

I didn't weigh the ARB when I replaced it with the Slee. My guess the Slee is 10-15lbs lighter. With a 6bt every little bit of weight savings helps.

I have Luke's bumper I built from his kit and a pretty big intercooler. The intercooler is big enough I made a new grill and it still touches in a couple of places but it fit ok with his bumper. I actually welded tabs to the winch plate to bolt the intercooler bottom to.

wait, you put a 6bt and are concerned about weight? Do you have a photo of the front of your vehicle so we can see the intercooler pipes. Im curious. I have a diesel 80 air to water intercooler but don't have these clearance issues.

My bumper is pretty Fat and light. But It has no recovery points or winch mount. You have to do frame mounted ones. And a frame mounted winch bracket.

IMG_20170420_200226078.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom