7th Annual 100s in the Hills *July 26-30 2017* Silverton·CO·USA·EARTH (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_2260.PNG
Sure looking forward to that cool weather!

Required Equipment?

Assuming that all goes well I will have my new Dissent bumpers in the next couple of weeks but i have put off sliders and skids. Is this a mistake? I do have an IronMan lift and the required beefy tires.... so the question is will this be enough or am I asking for trouble?

Looking for some advice from previous HIH participants.

Thanks!

Tom

Tom, you will be perfectly fine although sliders would be my next purchase if I were you.

@od4x4 - I'll be there in a mostly stock rig and feel comfortable doing every trail, except Poughkeepsie. With sliders I wouldn't hesitate ;) The trek from Mineral Creek to the 'wall' on Poughkeepsie has a few rocks that would like nothing more than to kiss your rockers. This may be my first HIH, but I have been exploring the San Juans for years.

Pre-HIH7, Old school HIH style camping?

I was glad I had my super expo :hillbilly: setup during that storm. The air mattress was a bad choice though :slap:

Alright, I did a slight upgrade from the no seats/leaking air mattress setup from HIH3.

Dallas, from CVT, was traveling through town so he stopped by the house and delivered/installed a Mt Ranier around 9pm last night. Great meeting him and his dad as they drove from the new CVT shop in Chattanooga back to their Oregon home.

IMG_20170616_064943481.jpg

Required Equipment?

Assuming that all goes well I will have my new Dissent bumpers in the next couple of weeks but i have put off sliders and skids. Is this a mistake? I do have an IronMan lift and the required beefy tires.... so the question is will this be enough or am I asking for trouble?

Looking for some advice from previous HIH participants.

Thanks!

Tom
Dropping your bumper off for powder today so we are looking good ;)

So last friday (jun/9) I moved from Pismo Beach area down to Palm Springs CA for a new job. That means from 70 degrees year round to 115 this coming weekend at the new place!
Then I left sunday (jun/11) to the Denver area in Colorado for a few days. I'm currently on my way back to CA.

Let me just say how nice it was to breathe the crisp mountain air up at the passes and stare at the rockies! Cruse downtown Denver and visit some favorite places!

This welcome sign always puts smiles in our faces!

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Also I want to give a big shout here to Tim from GAMIVITI and his family for the hospitality, the ride in the 40 for beer sipping and just being a great guy to be around! Great hanging with you man! Thank you so very much! I'll bring some dog treats next time! Maybe he'll like me better!
If you guys haven't met this guy yet you're missing out!
This was at Rails End Brewery near his home!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Can't wait to be back in CO for my yearly HIHs birthday!
See you all soon.

Last edited:
Anyone interested in one of the front grills I am making now, just PM me for info. They will be nicely discounted for the HIH attendees.

Havent seen it, pics?

Weather - When you guys talk about it raining most previous events, the temp report says its in the 30s/40s at night. Has it snowed before?

I ask because my wife is VERY worried about what clothes to pack.

Weather - When you guys talk about it raining most previous events, the temp report says its in the 30s/40s at night. Has it snowed before?

Never snowed. Now that you mention it, it may. You kind of have to bring it all. Some shirts, pants, sweatshirt (buy an HIH one) , and a rain repellent jacket. I've never been overly cold, nor have my kids, but the rain has been steady at times (hope not this year).

Bring a heavy sleeping bag. Ours is a 20 degree one. Even in that we wear a wool baselayer. Make sure you get everything out of your system before bed. Nothing worse than having to get up in the freezing cold to go out and pee.

When will I have a chance to order more goodies? Believe I skipped it during the initial signup.

Thanks for asking. We should have something up really soon for ordering additional shirts, stickers (which turned out sweet!!) and hoodies!! On the website. So yes, there will be one more chance to secure some HIH goods.

Thanks for asking. We should have something up really soon for ordering additional shirts, stickers (which turned out sweet!!) and hoodies!! On the website. So yes, there will be one more chance to secure some HIH goods.
Count me in on a hoody, I need one with a 100 on it to make my brother; who actually owns a 100, jealous! He loves last years t-shirt that I gave him after he helped me fix the rear axle on my mini truck after last year's HIH.

Last edited:
Just a quick reminder for future cancellations (I hope no more). 6/23 and beyond cancellations will get 50% of their registration fee back, plus any money paid for shirts, etc. Until then, we are offering full refund, less Paypal and Eventbrite ticket fees.

We have a lot of time invested, to date, so this refund policy aligns with that.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom