ARB Intensity - "knockoff" or "unbranded" versions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anybody have a review of these yet?? Lots of "I bought these" but nothing further.

Waiting to get my plugs swapped so I can swap between my lightforce and these.

I sent a letter to customer service for the Turbo SII lights. I wasn't to thrilled with there approach to my email. Enough so that they can keep there knockoff brand and I will spend the extra $100 for a set of Lightforce 170's. They are a known quantity and have the adjustable lens ring.

Took a gamble on a set of 160w knock offs in black for $92 shipped. $70 lower than the average.

I plan on putting them on quick connect harnesses in case I want to put my hella 500.

I'll report back soon.

I'm very happy.

They work well and weigh about 7 lbs each. It's not a precise pattern. Like a combo flood and spot beam. Hardware is all stainless and brackets are sturdy. Didn't come with connectors, just bare wires. No instructions or markings of any sort on anything. Also don't have th ARB "LED" logo on mine.

95356DCA-4632-49ED-B92F-7973287E4F71.jpg

Terrible shots but it shows how much light they put down. I've got amazon led bulbs in the Hella h4 housings and the knock offs mounted aimed a little upwards.

Head lights off

Headlights alone

Knock offs alone.

The house in the background is over 100 feet away and it's putting a pattern on it.

Headlight and knock offs together are enough to see into the future lol.

I've not been in anything completely dark to show the pattern properly yet.

IMG_0823.JPG

I picked up a pair of these off Amazon - Amazon.com: Lumitek 2x 185w 9 Inch Headlamp Lamp Black Round 5W CREE LEDS Spot Beam Work Light Off Road Light Bar Fog Light Driving Light Roof Bar Bumper for SUV Boat 4x4 Jeep: Automotive

I went looking for the cheapest of lights I could find anywhere, my reasoning being is that unless they have ARB/Lightforce/Hella/etc on them people are lying about the specs (and you're buying a certain level of quality).

What I was most interested in was the power ratings, and while I can't measure the output I can measure the input:
WP_20170614_21_36_37_Rich-small.jpg

So a long way off 185W, more than I thought it would be...

After letting it sit on for about 10 min power consumption had dropped to about 70W and the chassis was heating up to the point where I couldn't rest my hand on it. Without airflow over the light I'd imagine heat could kill these fairly quickly.

For what they are they're not bad - but don't believe the numbers.

Well they arrived and appear to be in great shape. I knew coming direct from Amazon it was a safe bet. I won't have time to install them for a while (out of town). These are the 185 watts version and should look great with the black ARB on a Freeborn Red 60 .
lights.jpeg

Any updates on these? I've got a set of these on my Amazon list, and wondering what the feedback has been?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom