The Vegtable Garden Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20160823_184036.jpg

Evil from last year's crop, also works great as deer repellent

IMG_3870.JPG

A bit of the garlic crop...
IMG_3990.JPG

Slackers...

:flipoff2:

IMG_4276.JPG

Last edited:
Benign neglect, I only planted sweet taters. Everything else came up from plants I let go to seed. I did a little thinning, and ran the drip.

KIMG0278.JPG

OK--where are you and what garlic did you plant? This stuff looks GREAT!--I can never seem to get mine to even bulb.

In my experience, that's a sign of insufficient light.

OK--where are you and what garlic did you plant? This stuff looks GREAT!--I can never seem to get mine to even bulb.
They're usually eastern European varieties, but sometimes Italian. They taste great and I like the colors.

:flamingo:

I'm in Sacramento.

It may interest someone here. I've tried an "indian" style of low-effort gardening in central Canada, but its too cold up here though.

You plant a row of corn, then plant squash or pumpkin farther from the corn, and plant climbing beans or peas closer to the corn.

The corn grows quickly, the peas climb up the corn stalks, and the wide leaves of the squash reduce light for weeds around everything. adding in onions or garlic to keep pests away would take it further. maybe someone with limited time and space will want to give it a try.

This is the thread that should be off the hook, with all this CV19 crap going on.
I got my tomatoes in last weekend, waiting on the peppers. Garlic and onions coming along nicely. Some peas. Can't keep the bugs off the greens, I need to replant them, again, I guess.

What kinda bugs ?
This early, I'm thinking aphids and mite.
There is a variety of products out there for you to use, both organic and conventional.

Soil temp in my raised beds is 80 degrees so I’m moving plants outdoors. Hoping we don’t get a late Freeze. Come on global warming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom