Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got up extra early to install my steering bushing seal on the firewall...spent an hour looking for it...ordered ANOTHER one from CBT only to have CBT call me and tell me that someone else had JUST ordered one a few minutes earlier and they were giving the in stock one to them.

You just made the list buddy! :flipoff2:

Mine is coming in freight tomorrow. That cover is filthy with dust, looking forward to sealing that hole up!

Put a little grease or Vaseline where the boot meets the shaft for longevity.

LCP attic rack, splice and reroute fridge wire through the firewall - this was a pain. Added extra wire to use or as a pull through wire for future. Had it rigged horribly through the fender and down the door jam as a last minute solution last year. Made my own puddle lights with inspiration from a couple other MUD members. Had points on Amazon so lights were free, sort of. Mounted them facing up for a more subtle light. Will need to rework and splice the wiring as there is a little too much extra bunched up in there than I like.

View attachment 1474396

View attachment 1474397

View attachment 1474398

View attachment 1474401

View attachment 1474402

More info request on the lights

More info request on the lights

I got these LED lights. Let me know if you wanted more info on the lights project as a whole or? I drew inspiration from a couple of guys in the 100 forum. One sold me the connectors for plug and play ease.

Rock sliders installed!

IMG_1139.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG

Replaced my steering shaft firewall seal. I packed that shoulder full of silicone grease so it should be nice and quiet. It's going to be nice not having hot air blowing on my legs! The dust buildup was unreal behind the firewall insulation. Contortions aside, very quick and easy job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom