Builds Romer's 200 Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I believe you were the Cruiser I saw driving into DIA a week or so ago. It was great to see a fellow salsa red custom cruiser out there!

I remember. I was wondering who that was. Nice to me a fellow salsa 200 in Colorado. There are a few of us here

Time for an update. The build has been awesome, just some minor tweaking

Rear lights on the Gamiviti rack
Capture.JPG

I replaced the power outlet for a dual, USB and standard
Power Outlet.JPG

I swapped my GPS from a Windows Tablet to a Samsung Android Tablet. The research that led me to there is posted here
GPS.JPG

I joined the Black Grill Club
cruiser-jpg.1450277

And I modified my front skid plate to make oil changes easier. The Fumuto on the Oil drain was awesome and I replaced the filetr cap with Brian's new Cap. I discussed it in this thread and Brians new Oil filter Performance Cap can be found here

img_0099-jpg.1464973

img_0100-jpg.1464974

I had a great time in Moab with my Kimberley Karavan
k1.JPG
K2.JPG

I did Hells Gate on Hells Revenge, 200 walked right up
DSC01355.jpg
Rack.JPG

I wheeled a bunch of other spots, but more importantly I wheeled with my grown daughters who have been my wheeling partners for over 10 years on most of my trips. When we got back, Rachel sold her 4runner and has moved into a 2008 GX470 and we are in the process of building that. Sarah still has her white 100 series

moab.jpg

The rear bumper is dragging a bit on some spots. The D Ring connection points are on the bottom. That is why we have armor. I am contemplating raising the lift an inch, but haven't decided.

I did lots of trails and didn't wipe out on wipe out hill
WO1.JPG
WO2.JPG

I bought my first Land Cruiser in 1979 and this is by far my favorite out of all I have had. You could say I am on top of the world

Top of the world.JPG

On Top of the World with my Cruiser and more importantly, the daughters of Romer

DSC01445.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Ken, do you use the rear camp lights at all? I have the same lights mounted in the same spot and I found the spoiler over the tailgate blocks the downward-facing light (except whatever gets reflected).

Hey Ken, do you use the rear camp lights at all? I have the same lights mounted in the same spot and I found the spoiler over the tailgate blocks the downward-facing light (except whatever gets reflected).

Havent used them yet

Havent used them yet
Ken-Just got a new 200 and am planning build. I come from, like you, a long line of Land Cruisers. Latest and still current is my modified 94 80 series with lockers. I have enjoyed that feature and am curious, and slightly nervous, about not having lockers on the 200. What has been your experience regarding need/usage of lockers over the modern traction control systems?

Dont really need them, but something nice to have just in case. Could start with the rear as that is 90% of what folks use

Last edited:
Been a great year, went to Moab and hung out with @Markuson and @TonyP . That is Tony spotting me on Steele Bender
DSC02429.jpg

Finally completed my Major mods with an Aux fuel tank from Ward installed by Slee
t1.JPG
T2.JPG
T3.JPG

Apparently I bent a rear lower control Arm so upgraded to SPC arms
LC.JPG

Rachel got to try her new truck
GX.JPG

Nice wheeling with Tony and Mark
4.JPG
5.JPG

Been a great year, went to Moab and hung out with @Markuson and @TonyP . That is Tony spotting me on Steele Bender View attachment 1701615

Finally completed my Major mods with an Aux fuel tank from Ward installed by Slee
View attachment 1701621 View attachment 1701622 View attachment 1701623

Apparently I bent a rear lower control Arm so upgraded to SPC arms
View attachment 1701628
Very nice, Ken, Georg / @orangefj45 and I appreciate the opportunity - also, thanks to @sleeoffroad for getting this done and putting up with our "early production" instructions :)

That ledge on Steelbender has gotten chewed up over the years!!!!!

Happy to hear the tank is in!!!!! Thanks again @Romer and @sleeoffroad !!!!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Christo sent me a few pictures of the tank install.
T1.JPG
T2.JPG
T3.JPG
T4.JPG

Ken, you bent your rear lca too? @TonyP and you must have driven over the same rock!

It was the same side. Thats a picture of the new one. I replaced both to the more stout SPC ones. I dont think mine was bent as much as Tonys

I do recall TonyP saying “That was weird” on the radio after he exited one obstacle on Steel Bender.

I remember it partly because Tony doesn’t usually use his radio much… So that comment stuck in my memory. Wondering if that might’ve been the spot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom