Builds Scat's GX Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it possible to install a ladder on the GX without using the roof rack? I'd like to have a ladder to be able to haul my Koplin Fuel pack.

Is it possible to install a ladder on the GX without using the roof rack? I'd like to have a ladder to be able to haul my Koplin Fuel pack.
I have the GOBI ladder and it doesn't connect with the roof rack at all. And I have 2 rotopax on there usually.

IMG_1227.JPG

How does the ladder attach? Does it attach on the top or bottom of dooror does it require drilling holes to attach?

How does the ladder attach? Does it attach on the top or bottom of dooror does it require drilling holes to attach?
It attaches to both the top and bottom of the door with some "pinch" mounts. No drilling required.

Hey Scat...just wondering why you haven't installed sliders...and if you were, which ones were you thinking?

@schradec thanks man, the 80 series lc is a beast but I don't blame you for wanting something more modern. Good luck on making the switch

@HomersCanyonero Im usually not in the rocks too much, took it easy in Moab but sliders and skids are next on the list as far as armor. Honestly I've been waiting on cbi.

Last edited:
HeftyFab sliders and skids are outstanding.

I see the HeftyFab sliders for Gx470, but don't see any Gx470 skid plates on their web site.

Someone on this site (@DRANGED) is off-roading his gx470 stock and I was super impressed with his offroad skills. Sometimes I wonder how much I don't need any of these expensive mods!

Last edited:
I see the HeftyFab sliders for Gx470, but don't see any Gx470 skid plates on their web site.

Someone on this site is off-roading their gx470 stock and I was super impressed with their skill. Sometimes I wonder how much I don't need any of these expensive mods!

I believe GX ones same as 4th gen 4runner. Email Chris Hefty (sales@). They're in Moab this week.

Scat - what are you doing for a spare? Is your size tire fitting in stock location?
Thanks, Nelson

Well I blame you for this. Found a lower mile GX...in white. Can't wait to start the build. Apologize in advance for all the copy catting I'm going to do based off your rig.

Been gone all weekend but BP-51s and Superflex HD rear springs are waiting patiently. :)

Great thread and beautiful rig (that still gets out there!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom