Builds 1993 LJ79 from Malta (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice! You'll love that intercooler. Really transforms the power/efficiency of these motors.

Thanks.. yeah can't wait till it's ready! Don't really get lots of free time with work and other commitments, so its a slow process. Still haven't figured out where I'm gonna put the pump yet. I tried looking where Jarrat said did his, but can't figure any reasonable mounting position that also caters for the pipe work to suit by radiator position. Might put it where yours is but a little different, try and get it to suck in water from the back of the intercooler and push it to the rad from between the battery and the intercooler (which requires modifying the battery tray support). That way the pump is still gravity fed from the intercooler being always full. What do you think ?

I also threaded a small plug on the intercooler to facilitate bleeding...
IMG_20170430_121105.jpg

Intercooler setup ready and working. Power has increased and EGTs dropped as expected. Now need to go on a long trip to see how it goes on the highway, but that'll probably be in October (reminding you folks I live on the tiny island of Malta so need to go to Sicily to get its legs stretched)

IMG_20170516_190444.jpg
IMG_20170516_190403.jpg

Nice work! Looks really good! The best thing about this modification, is you can safely raise the boost and fuel to make much more power.

Nice work! Looks really good! The best thing about this modification, is you can safely raise the boost and fuel to make much more power.

Thanks! Yeah i already opened up the fuel a quarter turn but I still need to buy a manual boost controller. Don't want to increase it by much though since it's still on standard compression (mine's a 3L). Mostly did this to reduce EGTs when travelling, but some extra power is always nice to have :)

Today I finally got an R151f gearbox (mine came with a G52) and planning on changing the 5th gear assembly to one from some Dyna (got part numbers required) such that I can cruise at lower rpm on open road. Should go down to ~2200 @ 100kph. First step is to open it up and see which gear types I have so I can order the correct matching part numbers.

IMG_20170923_172132.jpg

don't know how to make them linked here, just send me your email address by message and I'll send them to you

I cut the sides out of 3mm and the centre part out of 6mm and folded 90degrees as shown in screenshots. Don't forget to fold the sides a mirror image of each other though :)

centre_plan.jpg
side_plan.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom