Terrain Tamer Birfields and a Rookie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Never done Birfs in My life, But Im going to do them anyway. Unbelievable how fast these arrived. Now I have to tear it down. Any tips,tools etc all input is welcomed. Im not a pay a stranger that dosnet love the truck they are working on, so with a lot of youtube help(powermodz) and the FSM Ill get these done.
Thanks Guys.

The hardest part by far is getting the axles out of the old birfs. I used the pipe slam trick but it was still tough.

The hardest part by far is getting the axles out of the old birfs. I used the pipe slam trick but it was still tough.
Im a Plumber(or was) so I already made a jig for that exactly. Thanks Brother

Also, I watched the Jonsey videos on youtube as a supplement to the instructions I had. Seeing it all done helped out a lot, but I don't agree with how little grease was used on some parts, as well as a few of the things that were beaten with a hammer.

Also, I watched the Jonsey videos on youtube as a supplement to the instructions I had. Seeing it all done helped out a lot, but I don't agree with how little grease was used on some parts, as well as a few of the things that were beaten with a hammer.

Im big into woodblock not steel against, and brass drifts so I hear ya. I watched jonsey's as well.

Just did my axles and brakes with Terrain Tamer. No issues. It's old hat at this point so not sure about what is a "pointer" anymore :p

Let me help you out, Joey...... :)

upload_2017-5-10_8-56-0.png

This guide helps quite a bit for the uninitiated.

Attachments

• Front Axle Rebuild.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 284

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom