Window Screens/Socks Bug protection 80/LX450 100/LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the fact that without looking close, you cant tell the window is even down.

Just placed an order. Hopefully will be to me before Memorial Day!

Thanks!
Dirk

Just placed an order. Hopefully will be to me before Memorial Day!

Thanks!
Dirk

Back from some field product testing, your screens will ship tomorrow. Should have them before Friday.:)

Takes 5 seconds to put on. Looks like it will do the trick!

Top photo is the fit on the 80 (a little loose) and the bottom pic is on a 100.

IMG_1854.JPG

IMG_1853.JPG

Takes 5 seconds to put on. Looks like it will do the trick!

Top photo is the fit on the 80 (a little loose) and the bottom pic is on a 100.

View attachment 1459559

View attachment 1459560

The 'FIT" definitely favors the 100 series although the baggie fit on the 80 series is 100% effective I dont like the fit. I went ahead and hemed 3" out of the width and now like the fit much better on the 80 series.

The $6 question - Is it worth having an $6 option to have LCP hem 3" out of the width for a very nice fit on the 80 Series. Obviously if LCP can hem the screen and shorten the elastic ban it could be done by your women of the house for free also. So if you feel $6 is excessive by all means have your women do it. I will not feel butt hurt at all.

Note: Once you mod this screen it will no longer fit the 100 series.

IMG_9375[1].JPG
IMG_9376[1].JPG

I am not worried about the loose fit on the 80.....you can pull it down further on the door. I would rather potentially use them both both LCs. ;)

I am not worried about the loose fit on the 80.....you can pull it down further on the door. I would rather potentially use them both both LCs. ;)

I had a couple opinions today and both only 80 owners said they are in on the upgrade but I like you use them both 80 & 100 series platform.
The other side of me likes more options giving more choices to make everyone happy.:rolleyes:

So, do you offer the hemmed version (for $6 more) for the 80? It doesn't show on your site. Thanks

So, do you offer the hemmed version (for $6 more) for the 80? It doesn't show on your site. Thanks

That is the plan I just did the hem version test this morning. Had enough local feedback already to move forward and get a bunch of hemmed version ready. I will PM you when I get some hemmed available because at the rate my IT dept works it will be a secret menu item for a while:rolleyes:

That is the plan I just did the hem version test this morning. Had enough local feedback already to move forward and get a bunch of hemmed version ready. I will PM you when I get some hemmed available because at the rate my IT dept works it will be a secret menu item for a while:rolleyes:
Very good, thank you. I am ready for a hemmed set when you are.

I'll take a hemmed set when they are ready as well.

Ill wait for a hemmed set for the 80. Worth the 6 bucks to me

Oh man, I missed this thread in the last month. Been waiting on another option for window netting! I have my Attic Rack installed, rear drawers put together, just got my new sleeping pad for the back, and these are the last piece of the puzzle for some LX camping! Putting in an order right now! Thanks Phil!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom