Cargo Bikes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MANUCHAO

omnia mea mecum porto
Threads
Any of you ride one ?

Im looking at getting one, so that I can continue on longer rides with my lil one ......
Im also thinking of using it for touring....

Crazy ?

bullitt_blue_web_price1.jpg

yes

IMG_0298.JPG
IMG_0309.JPG
IMG_0310.JPG
I've been wanting to have (n+1) one built....

Think touring is going to be a little different. I would either look at a straight touring bike and then get one of those kiddo add-on trailer thingies or come up with a bike for riding with the kid.

I have a mtn bike that I retrofitted with a kids seat on the front, panniers on the rear, and beach cruiser handles... it works great...!!!!
However, the child seat is got a 35lbs weight limit...

I don't like / trust trailers I have seen a couple of spills (user error-- going too fast) out there to keep me away from them, and there is no interaction with my little one like there is right now.....

Riding with a kid is definitely different......

Interesting....how old is the child?

Unless they're under three, I'd go for separate bikes. If not, then it looks like it might be fun. With no other passenger, it'd make for a good trip to the Home Depot or the local hardware or grocery store.

I just returned home from our grocery that's about amile away. I've lived in my house for 19 years and rode my bicycle there all but one time.

She is two y/o, and rides her own bike...around the house, just moved from three wheels to two wheels...

Current set up....

ypr2.jpg

I'm looking at 35+ miles to the beach on weekends, 15+ miles for everyday riding...and any other event like CICLAVIA around town
Im trying to drive less and ride more

On the touring.....
I'm "less is more" kind of rider specially for multi-week rides, but would venture to use this new ride for some trips..

The plan / budget was for an all mountain rig, but seeing that I hardly ever have the time to mtn bike I think this is the next logical move for me...

Any of you ride one ?

Im looking at getting one, so that I can continue on longer rides with my lil one ......
Im also thinking of using it for touring....

Crazy ?

bullitt_blue_web_price1.jpg
I really want one of these as well. I have a 15 month old child that I am super excited to start riding around with. These bikes seem great for kid hauling as well as cargo. I live in Seattle so would probably need an electric assist which would up the weight. While I agree that a kid could ride their own bike, its much more fun to ride with them, easier to talk and enjoy the ride. Less stress. I ride a tandem with my wife a lot and we prefer it to separate bikes.
I also see no reason why you couldn't do some light touring (no mountain passes), people race these beasts! hahaha

I decided to get one, and its been fun...!!!
No electric assist on this...
22 gears instead....

Wife n kid love it, and so do I.....
Dogs are not thrilled, but I'm sure I'll grow on them..

Decided to build my own box out of plexi glass, and angle alum glued with rivets.....

Excuse the crappy night shot...

20170503_194920~2.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to get one, and its been fun...!!!
No electric assist on this...
22 gears instead....

Wife n kid love it, and so do I.....
Dogs are not thrilled, but I'm sure I'll grow on them..

Decided to build my own box out of plexi glass, and angle alum glued with rivets.....

Excuse the crappy night shot...

View attachment 1453099
That's awesome! More pics of the box. Dang I want one of those bikes.

@red66toy
26" wide for the dogs to ride in style..
Bought a used booster seat, and a universal five point harness.... around $250 for all the materials including hardware.... also at the front of the basket i used some anchor points (for the dogs leashes) out of an 80 series...

Harness does double duty, as it is also used to clip the dogs from the rear...

:beer::beer::beer:

20170418_185306.jpg
20170418_185433.jpg
20170418_185415.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom