Interest in Big Bear 3N14 Run Sunday? Tips? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm planning on heading out early Sunday morning (7 am) from Fawnskin and then coming out to the 15 through Hesperia. I believe there should not be much snow right now (maybe mud)- any tips or recommendations or interest in joining? I may also do a little shooting while up there, too.

Ironically I plan to run that route the opposite way on Sunday, starting on Coxey and ending in Fawnskin. Was thinking of hanging a left at the intersection of 3N16 and taking that east to the end at the Dump.

Last edited:
I'm debating whether to take your route so I will have a shorter drive home after the run. Do you just take Main from Hesperia then enter at Bowen Ranch/Coxey? Do you have to air down for the main trail at all?

I'd be coming from Long Beach, so I exit Bear Valley Rd. from the 15 and head east, will hang a right on Japutal (just before the 18 turn off) and then take that up to the trail head. I've never gone up Coxey (watched a few videos of it though) but I imagine I'll air down before heading up the hill once I'm on the dirt. Its not necessary per say, but it will definitely smooth things out.

Did you end up going on Sunday? We had a crew of 6 vehicles, I was keeping an eye out for a LC coming down but didn't see any. We started at 10am from Coxey rd.

I didn't make it- but I am shooting to go a couple Sundays from now with my buddy. I actually drive a GX470 so you wouldn't have noticed me anyhow.

How did it go- did you stay on the main trail or did you deviate to some of the more challenging ones?

Had 35's on GM, but not much lift (OME stock height back then). No sliders either. The trail was pretty messed up/ Landed on my front pumpkin at one point. Banged it around on a few rocks. I do have lockers. I just don't rocks.

I now have 30mm spacers installed on the OME stock height coils and it sits a little higher off the ground.

I didn't make it- but I am shooting to go a couple Sundays from now with my buddy. I actually drive a GX470 so you wouldn't have noticed me anyhow.

How did it go- did you stay on the main trail or did you deviate to some of the more challenging ones?

It was cool, saw a handful of rattle snakes and had to wait for them to scoot across Coxey Rd. Decent amount of wildflowers still in bloom, so that was cool. We just stayed on the main road up till Fawnskin. The others went and hit Gold Mountain and I opted to skip it, hung a left on Polique Canyon rd. and went up that to 3N16 and took that all the way to the dump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom