Anyone got one of these I can borrow? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
I have the OX socket that you can put a breaker bar on. Sort of the same idea.

I have the OX socket that you can put a breaker bar on. Sort of the same idea.

I do too but no room for a socket
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Last edited:
Dude-It's $14. You are saving her hundreds by doing this for her. Have her buy you the tool. Just sayin'

:slap:

I do too but no room for a socket

So how is an Ox sensor socket, on a flex head breaker bar different from what is in the picture? Or using a flex head ratchet on the ox sensor socket?

Ox socket.jpg

61BCAyzAIpL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, figured I'd close out this thread. The above Amazon tool didn't work either due to extreme lack of space. I'd very much like to slap the Toyota engineers with a scaly dead fish for coming up with this asinine angle for the front AFR (not technically O2) sensors when they could've simply placed them at a more desirable angle. I feel for the folks who have to r/r their AFR sensors on the V8 VVTI engines in the 4runners. Again, just for clarification, the VVTI engine uses from AFR (air fuel ratio) sensors to control engine management and rear O2 sensors for catalytic converter efficiency checking.

But, fear not, we rallied and was able to swap them out with some head scratching and only ONE trip to the hardware store for a 7/8" 12 point box end wrench. It had to 12 point because a 6 point wouldn't have allowed me to rotate small increments. The driver side AFR sensor was easy to remove, just break it loose with one whack and remove with fingers. But, the passenger side sensor was galled up when it went in the first time and my guess that's because the Dorman exh manifold sensor hole was probably not manufactured within the proper tolerance. Hey, it's Chinese, you get what you pay for Amazon.com: Dorman 674-797 Exhaust Manifold with Integrated Catalytic Converter (Non-CARB Compliant): Automotive So that one required, a tap on the wrench, re-position the wrench, hold, tap, re-position wrench, hold, tap.....for about ten minutes. Of course, the installation was "simply reverse the removal procedure" - tap, re-position wrench, hold, tap.....for five min.

I'm so glad my V8 is not a VVTI engine. Jessica's CEL is FINALLY extinguished after it's been on from month #3 of her 4Runner ownership. The CEL on these rigs involve turning on four indicator lights in the dash and one of them blinks. So, a strip of black electrical tape was used to cover the lights :hillbilly:

It's not the 4Runner's fault, really. I blame the first owner who somehow managed to put crappy gasoline in the tank which had so much impurities that over time, they coagulated into a hardened barrier stuck to the fuel pump sock filter. Consequently, this crap starved the fuel pump on Jessica, caused the engine to misfire, backfire, cough and almost caused her to get rear ended on the I-40 few times. Unfortunately, it took me about five weeks to diagnose on the weekends because the issue was random.

A terrible side effect of engine mis-management of fuel ratio yields lean and rich condition of the engine. This in turn causes the cat converter to either get blown out, get really dirty quickly or both. Given that her engine only had 100k miles, we were going to remove the exh manifold/cats and clean them in an acid bath. After removal, we noticed one of them was actually blown out, meaning the matrix inside was jeopardized. New Dorman exh manifolds were ordered and installed, along with new AFR sensors. Well, as luck would have it, the AFR sensors were not the correct units, so they had to be removed in favor of the original ones going back in.

And that's where the fun began......

20170512_163852.jpg
from top.jpg
looking straight across.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom