2013 LC200 - Rattle in front passenger seat and back seat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've owned the LC200 for about 7 months. Ever since I've had it, I've alway noticed when riding over bumps, the interior isn't as quiet/solid as my wife's LC200. I finally took it in to Toyota and they said the bracket on the back seat has "worn out" and I'd need to replace it, to the tune of $700. As far as the rattle in the front, it seemed to me that it was just the portion that your back would lie up against that was making the noise. When I asked them about this, they said they couldn't do anything or I would just need to replace the whole seat. So, as you can see, no help. My questions is this. Has anyone ever noticed their seats starting to "rattle" a bit and their interior not being as solid or quiet? If so, what you might have done to fix the problem. My apologies in advance if this has been discussed. I don't interact here much at all.

What year is it and how many miles? My '13 with about 102k is very solid.

That's a bizarre diagnosis

Did they give you part numbers?

2013 73,000 miles - It shouldn't be making this type of interior noise. One of the reasons I bought another one was because of how quiet and solid the interior was.

Yes they did for the back seat. They are 72660-60170 and 72650-60170.

I thought so too.

I would call Toyota USA direct and give them hell. They will work with you on it, maybe even cover all of it.

My passenger seat 'wobbles' more than I think it should when no one is in it, but so far no rattle yet.

The rear seat issue has come up in prior years I believe.

I could swear that I've noticed a wobble/rattle in my passenger seat as well even on the highway at times. Was planning on asking the dealer about it at some point...

2013 73,000 miles - It shouldn't be making this type of interior noise. One of the reasons I bought another one was because of how quiet and solid the interior was.

Yes they did for the back seat. They are 72660-60170 and 72650-60170.

I thought so too.

Very weird. Either way both of those parts are under $100 combined through the interwebs.

Similar issues with my 2013. The passenger seat wobbles when slightly reclined. No rattle. Also check the headrests as they seem to have play that could be the rattle. My bigger issue is the second bench on the 3/4 side. Even though it is latched down it still has about a quarter to half inch of up and down play on the latch farthest from the door. It rattles a bit on washboards. The latch on the door side is solid.

Similar issues with my 2013. The passenger seat wobbles when slightly reclined. No rattle. Also check the headrests as they seem to have play that could be the rattle. My bigger issue is the second bench on the 3/4 side. Even though it is latched down it still has about a quarter to half inch of up and down play on the latch farthest from the door. It rattles a bit on washboards. The latch on the door side is solid.

Had the same issue on both the middle row seats. The inner latches just weren't snugging the seat down tight enough. Had the dealer look at it and everything was supposedly in spec. So....I went to Home Depot in search of a solution. After a bit of trial and error this seems to be working.

Single layer wrap of this PVC tape did the trick so far. Seems durable enough to withstand repeated raising and lowering of the seat but I'd imagine it will eventually wear out or lose it's adhesion. Simple enough to cut another piece if and when it's needed.

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

My passenger seat headrest rattles on rough roads. Specifically the plastic part with the adjustment button. It stops if I push the headrest all the way down. I hate rattles as much as the next guy. But when the interior is mostly plastic panels held together with clips... you get rattles.

My latest rattle was a bolt that fell out of the center speaker that was rolling around under the dash. The dealer had to tear apart most of the dash to find it. Of course they created more rattles as the clips flex/loosen during removal and reinstallation. So one of these days I'll get felt tape and try to fix those too. Feels like chasing one's tail sometimes...

Had the same issue on both the middle row seats. The inner latches just weren't snugging the seat down tight enough. Had the dealer look at it and everything was supposedly in spec. So....I went to Home Depot in search of a solution. After a bit of trial and error this seems to be working.

Single layer wrap of this PVC tape did the trick so far. Seems durable enough to withstand repeated raising and lowering of the seat but I'd imagine it will eventually wear out or lose it's adhesion. Simple enough to cut another piece if and when it's needed.

View attachment 1448752

View attachment 1448753
Simple solution. I like it! My anal-retentive-hates-rattles personality thanks you.

View attachment 1448752

View attachment 1448753
Confirmed, this did the trick. Completely silent 2nd row seat now. Thank you for the tip.

I tried this PVC tape trick, and now my second row seats are stuck! Perhaps the tape was too thick. In any case, can I unbolt the seats?? I need to get these seats back into working order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom