Wanted 1982 FJ40 Interior Dome Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a interior dome light or the cap of the dome light. This light has 2 wires and connects to the door switches so it turns on when the doors are open. They light cap will also have 3 positions and have "Door, Off, and On".

This is how it looks, as you can see, my light is really beat up and brittle.

Light.JPG

If your current light is shot, it's highly unlikely you'll find an exact replacement (I couldn't) but check the link below and contact them about an LED version that's close

LED Dome Light Kits

If your current light is shot, it's highly unlikely you'll find an exact replacement (I couldn't) but check the link below and contact them about an LED version that's close

LED Dome Light Kits

I just connected the light, it works. Problem is that my cover is super brittle and am willing to buy it all just for the cover.

Brother... keep that light! You can probably find a dome light cover... check that link I posted and ask them

This is what they did for me since I could never find the 3 position OEM version... Bet they can get you a light cover for that there UNICORN fixture you have!
IMG_0751.JPG

I got mine from @beno a couple of months ago.

If someone finds a extra cover I could use one. Found a couple complete one and a second one minus the cover.

Used is unfortunately all that there is: 81241-90800 an 81241-90300 are discontinued as well.

Unfortunately I already knew that. Wasn't asking you directly just anyone who might come across just a cover. Personally think housing would be easier to find since many of the covers have become brittle and crack. Never checked but think the easier cover will fit the later housing just wouldn't have the Door/Off/On on it.

City Racer has them $36
It is different. These have 2 wires and are a 3 position switch. There are switches on the door, when the doors open, the dome light will turn on and turn off when the door is closed like current cars these days. I am hoping this "Want" ad will get me a cover/light.

Door.JPG

Door 2.JPG

Last edited:
My bad, I didn't realize they were different. Good luck in your hunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom