HELP ME FIX THIS BOTCHED/CRAP HID SETUP/ 2000 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.toyota-4runner.org
Bought a new to me 2000 LX470 as a family vehicle, the previous owner had done a headlight modification that wasn't obvious to me until i tried driving it at night for the first time...

it seems to have a decent cutoff but the light itself leaves alot to be desired and there's these two weird orbs floating out in space about 2 ft above the cut off, it almost looks like the light is bleeding from the main headlight housing to the smaller housing towards the grill on the LX470's...

has anyone else had an issue like this and what can i do to fix it and i've uploaded some pics of the current setup in there and am wondering how difficult/time consuming/expensive/worthwhile it would be to put a better unit in there or if what i have is ok?

i know nothing about the world of HiD's and have only owned this LX470 for about a week or so now...ANYTHING will be of help. thanks!

20170417_152756.jpg

20170417_152755.jpg

20170417_152802.jpg

I'm guessing it may be because the projector is designed for a halogen bulb. When you put in an hid, it changes where the light is going. If it's a 9006 fitting, get rid of the hids and do a 9012 hir bulb for proper pattern and more lumens. Just have to do a minor trim of the tabs on the bulbs.

Here's a picture of the pattern.

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look and sounds like a pretty easy job to do, do you have a link to a write up or something?

If it's not a bother.

Thanks for the help but, I was about to just buy new head light assys. You likely saved me some cash

20170419_203217.jpg

Dug in a bit more, looks like your low beam may take an h1 bulb. Go back to halogen bulb. Let me see if I can find brackets to put in a projector meant for hids. Usually not hard and a ton better output. Plus most of these projectors also have high beam and with a splitter, can use it and your stock high beam as well.

A side note, can do the 9011 hir fir the high beam for more output. Ryan's guide to: Halogen bulbs - HiDplanet : The Official Automotive Lighting Forum

I used that setup for 2yrs until I found a deal on sc430 projectors. The rest is history

yeah, im likely going with one of the top tier choices in your thread, I'm just trying to figure out what to do about the housings and headlight lens/glass/plastic.....the hole i have in mine is massive, any light coming out of there is gonging to be effected alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom