2016 or '17 owners with drawers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LBridges

SILVER Star
Threads
I've checked a with a couple of knowledgeable vendors here on Mud and so far no one is willing to confirm if the drawers will fit in the '16 or '17 model years. Going to the US-ARB website and they only spec through 15. Looked at US Dobinsons, then checked Titan and a few other of the AU vendor sites. Can't afford Trekboxx (sp?) so didn't even check them.

Didn't find a place that would commit to fitting a US version '16 or '17 200 (with rear AC, etc.). My guess it that any modification would be to the side fitting kit - some trim work on the side wings. However, don't want to spend north of a grand just to find out I lack tools and/or skill to make the kit fit.

So anyone that has both an old and new 200 series care to comment on shape and size in the rear cargo area? Or even better, someone with a '16 or '17 and drawers that can verify if they fit.

Last edited:
I have ARB drawers in my 2016. I had to do some mild trimming where the spacers go. The side fit kit worked with no modification.

I have a 2016. I only have one drawer. I had to play with the fit a bit since I didn't have the other drawer to help "force" it against the plastic wheel well. But it is only off a bit. And I do love the drawer!

IMG_0777.jpg

I have ARB drawers in my 2016. I had to do some mild trimming where the spacers go. The side fit kit worked with no modification.

That's the info I needed. My wife wants the 200 kept fairly pristine and claims the 100 we have is my toy. So if I screw up the 200 she would be "unhappy". As long as the finished product looks like it was made for it I'm golden.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Here are three more pics without the sleeping bag on top. One is with the drawer open and the roll top pulled forward to expose the bolt near the innermost end. To use that bolt I had to trim some plastic that is part of the rear AC vent I beileve but I did not cut into the vent. Just enough to make everything fit. I'm not 100% sure I bolted it at the right place. I had to move the drawer crossmembers that secure to the bolts forward or backward just a bit to make it fit better. And the drawer does not run straight to the back. It is at a very slight angle. I believe with both drawers wedged in they would have applied enough outward pressure that both would have lined up. But I wanted one side left open so that at least on that side I could fit something in that was "taller". Or, if necessary, I could reinstall the right hand 3rd row seat. Which I can.

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

I installed 2 ARB drawers, both with sliders and side trim pieces, in my 2017 LC. The entire setup fit and operates perfectly. I was able to complete installation without drilling into vehicle as I was able to use longer bolts in the 3rd row seat bolt locations. I am most pleased with the finished product.

I uploaded two photos. I took them this evening. If you request, I'll take more pictures during the day and upload them as well.

I hope this helps.

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

thanks to all - it's sometimes said a picture is worth a thousand words. And when someone like me learns from experience (Translation: screws it up multiple times before finally getting it right) a picture is worth even more. Planning to Place an order tomorrow morning.

Outstanding. Good for you. BTW, if you haven't already done so; check out eBay for your Drawer system. I saved hundreds. I checked sellers prior to purchasing and can tell you I was extremely satisfied. Good luck!

Another happy and long-time user of ARB drawers. I had them in my 100 series before they were bought by ARB, and they were rock solid. Best non-performance mod EVER. By far.

I see several here have discovered the usefulness of the drawer's compatibility with VELCRO.
I had patches, etc. on there, but I recently noticed that it made a great quick-access point.
Still love patches, but have a look:

IMG_0553.JPG

I put them in our 16. Other than not the greatest instructions in the world, they went in fine and work well.

Another happy and long-time user of ARB drawers. I had them in my 100 series before they were bought by ARB, and they were rock solid. Best non-performance mod EVER. By far.

I see several here have discovered the usefulness of the drawer's compatibility with VELCRO.
I had patches, etc. on there, but I recently noticed that it made a great quick-access point.

View attachment 1444987

Those velcro-backed holders for your pens, tools, etc, did you get those from 5.11 Tactical or some where else. I have one from them (a store not to far from me) which you can see on in my pics but I was wondering if there were other options. This also gave me some good ideas as to what I could/should put back there. I only have one drawer so I need to make the most of it. ;) Patches may have to go...

Those velcro-backed holders for your pens, tools, etc, did you get those from 5.11 Tactical or some where else. I have one from them (a store not to far from me) which you can see on in my pics but I was wondering if there were other options. This also gave me some good ideas as to what I could/should put back there. I only have one drawer so I need to make the most of it. ;) Patches may have to go...

Yes. Same as yours. And...2 side-by-side just happen to fit EXACTLY within the space to either side of the handles. I mean PERFECTLY...as if they were made to order! Also a decent price...I think they are $5.99 each...so you can fit 8...plus two more if you wanna use the side trim area (I cut the threads on the two-section elastic part to make one large elastic loop. See the large flashlight on the left...where it sits close to power for recharging whenever I drive.

I put them in our 16. Other than not the greatest instructions in the world, they went in fine and work well.

A couple keys for understanding the instructions. 1) Make sure you know what they mean by "front" and "rear". Also, you will likely have far more parts than you need and there are likely more instructions than you need. The trick is to understand what to ignore.

One of the last things you do is install this small, plastic "stops" or whatever on the rear of the drawer. I didn't get them right until the 3rd try. (My problem, not theirs. I'm not very good with instructions.) I was putting them on the wrong side or whatever.

And here is one thing we'll need to check with others: my single drawer only bolted to the floor with 2 bolts. Both of which were for the 3rd row seat attach points. I don't think I needed to do anything else. The drawer has been solid once I finally had it properly supported (see my next point.)

I left the rear cargo area carpet in (for sound proofing and because I am only covering half the floor with a drawer.) So it took me a couple tries playing with the rubber bumpers they provide to get the right height. Even then, I found I need to shim the end closest to the rear seat with a small piece of 1x2 wood to stop a creaking sound that was coming from the drawer while driving. That is gone now. This may not be needed by everyone. But I found I needed to provide some degree of support for the drawer frame at the end closes to the 2nd row seat. Again, only one drawer so those who have 2 installed probably have enough support from the integration/connection of the 2 drawers.

I ordered two roller top ARB drawers like seen in Markuson's truck. Given they would also likely work, I thought about the Dobinsons for less $$$, but they wouldn't be ready for pickup until late May. Through Slee I was able to get a drop shipment out of ARB warehouse in Jacksonville. I'm hoping we can trial pack some equipment for a 3-day run the wife & I have planned for next weekend.

The coming year will be our first in a vehicle with a drawer system. Pretty excited to have a place to organize and store the odds and ends of things we take on a road trip. Always hated "pulling this case out" to "search through that box" sort of routine. Hoping I say to myself, "Self, you should have done this years ago."

For any extended trip I usually have more camera gear than I ever carry on a day-hike. This is stuff that I would love to have locked away out of site while the truck is parked. Anybody got pics or suggestions for a foam insert kit like found for guns/cameras/other gear stowed in a Pelican type case?

I ordered two roller top ARB drawers like seen in Markuson's truck. Given they would also likely work, I thought about the Dobinsons for less $$$, but they wouldn't be ready for pickup until late May. Through Slee I was able to get a drop shipment out of ARB warehouse in Jacksonville. I'm hoping we can trial pack some equipment for a 3-day run the wife & I have planned for next weekend.

The coming year will be our first in a vehicle with a drawer system. Pretty excited to have a place to organize and store the odds and ends of things we take on a road trip. Always hated "pulling this case out" to "search through that box" sort of routine. Hoping I say to myself, "Self, you should have done this years ago."

For any extended trip I usually have more camera gear than I ever carry on a day-hike. This is stuff that I would love to have locked away out of site while the truck is parked. Anybody got pics or suggestions for a foam insert kit like found for guns/cameras/other gear stowed in a Pelican type case?

We've used this at work for our CTKs (Consolidated Tool Kits), fancy government name for a bigass toolbox. It does the job but not nearly as nice as the pelican foam.

Closed cell foam for FOD (Foreign Object Damage) Compliance from Cascade Tool & Foam Supply

Realized that other shot was blurry... Here's a much clearer pano...

**Click on it, and you'll get a much larger version...

IMG_0555.JPG

View attachment 1444987

@Markuson, is that 50 cal bullet on the RH drawer a bottle opener? I picked up one last week when we were touring Miramar while on a business trip to SD. When I bought it (sort of a charity thing for one of the units at Miramar - in this case the Osprey unit - I thought I remembered you having one on your drawer secured in the 5.11 Tactical holders. That is now where I have mine.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom