FJ40 Color Code Chart (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now that is service. You just earned a customer for when I paint my two cruisers.

Like I told ToyotaReference, my problem is not with him or his service, in fact he was easy to work with on another transaction for his brochure images, I just want to warn people away from AutomotiveTouchup.com's Beige 464. I can't say much about their other colors. Also be warned they follow their 60 days rule very closely.

Anyways, my point is that I don't want money back from someone who did nothing wrong, and otherwise provides a great site and service.

I am going with CrusierCorps Beige 464 now, I will report back....in less than 60 days. ;)

I didn't think that he should pay either, I just liked the eagerness to make it right. That is rare these days.

Just picking up on the roof colour. Didn't get a definitive answer on this thread so far. Wondering if anyone would know for sure if the Roof colour of the 1971 FJ40 is Shell Ivory or Cygnus White? 1968 was definitely Shell Ivory. I get Cygnus White on 75' onwards. What about 1971 though? Thanks

Don't know where to throw this question but here it goes:

I've been thinking on painting my FJ45 long bed with something like the metallic grey on the attached file. My question is if anybody knows what colour might be that? I know it's hard to tell but maybe some clue will help to get the colour matched.

Or I would consider also this colour, but maybe a little bit darker, like chocolate perhaps, what do you think guys? TIA.

Toyota FJ45_1.jpg

Toyota FJ45_2.jpg

002.jpg

Looking for info on the color Light Olive. I've seen it pop up on a few people's build threads and such, and I was hoping I could get some more info about it so it can be added to the Toyotatreference.com chart.

If anyone has the color as original on their Cruiser, what year is it?
And what country is your cruiser from? Trying to determine if this was a US color or not.

I've saved a couple of pictures I've seen, I hope the owners don't mind.

IelandEOD's FJ40
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450296385.567597.jpg

Chamba's FJ40
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450296436.369636.jpg

Unknown
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450296454.421131.jpg

All of these are apparently light olive, color code 6L4. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone

When telling a shop, older Toyota Paint code, a T is in front of the numbers . T854

Hi I've got a '78 fj40 that I bought in very stock condition, it is dune beige. The firewall and interior were original paint. The vin plate on the inner fender shows the paint code 416 ( dune beige). Any body got any ideas on why some of the color charts don't show that as an option?

1968 colors
38650478.jpg

38650469.jpg
Really suffering with this three colours:
T-1447 (gra/ey on rims, rr lock etc)
T-1434 (met. gra/ey on trims etc)
T-1344 (black on dash)
Cross reference or mixing formula would be highly appreciated. I am on this hunt for these colours for a very long time and hours and hours on the comp..

Here are the vin plates showing the production date and color code. Thanks

View attachment 1367653
It's my understanding 416 'Dune Beige' was used on the 40-series through the 1980 model year.

From 1981 through 1984, the beige color was factory changed to 464.

It's the charts that we're currently seeing that are not correct.
~Skydog.

Chart update: I have a 1980 FJ40 that is white 031 while the chart only shows white 033 for 1980.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom