Pig Party - 2017? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 1441238 View attachment 1441239 View attachment 1441240 Thanks Deo, I'll take you up on your offer. I look forward to meeting again. Oir pig is running great! I sooo excited. I'm think I'm going to install a shackle reversal to make a little more room for the 35's. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Maybe a 5 speed??? But I don't want to rush it. Here are a few pics as it sits now.
IMG_6883.JPG

Pig looks awesome!

My .02 on the SR. I did one on the 40 above and regretted it. The SR reverses the suspension geometry, allowing the front axle to "swing" backwards under the rig during suspension compression, whereas the standard set up pushes the axle forward during suspension compression.

Here's my complaint:

During normal street driving, with a SR, the front suspension tends to nose dive during normal braking. The natural resistance of forward weight shifting is no longer there with revised suspension geometry. As the vehicle weight shifts forward from braking/stopping, the front axle swings backwards under compression and the truck nose dives.

To me it changes the entire on road driving experience in a negative way.

Last edited:
IMG_6642.JPG

Installing the Street Rod III Ac unit required pulling the Ecu /harness and relocating/extending it. It was residing behind the dash were the Ac unit needed to be. I'm relying on my friend Frank to handle the harness reconstruction, as it's out of my realm. He has been putting in almost 5 minutes a week on the project, but assured me he'll get it done in time.

It seems like I'm actually working backwards.

I'm think I'm going to install a shackle reversal to make a little more room for the 35's. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Hard to tell from your pictures, what springs are you running?

I had to move my front forward one inch to make my 35” tires happy with the 3”/4” lift on my 55

I used the cruiser outfitters 2.5" 70 series springs... they ride really nicely with several leaves taken out of the rear.

I have the same kit, it worked really well with three rear leaves removed when I had the 33X12.5” tires.

When I add the 35X12.5” tires I needed to add the three leaves back in the rear and move the front axle forward an inch, at first we just redrilled the centering pin hole in the main leaf and the second leaf with the wrap one inch forward and move the rest of the flat leaves forward on the centering pin, this worked well and was a fast easy solution to moving the axle forward.

I had a new longer main leaf made when I re-arched the front springs to get rid of the stink bug with the center pin in the new location, but I believe the second spring is still the OME spring with both holes and no issue with durability.

snow-jpg.1182112

You guys are going to have a blast! my pig will be in pieces in the paint shop at that time, but hopefully Pig fest, party, Sounder #2. I look forward to pictures and stories. Reading your posts has made it relatively easy to move forward with my project

I'm hoping B.C. Hoshall or someone else who knows the area better will have a report on open trails later on. Somebody will have to step up and be trail boss.

Anyone know of the party pig count so far?

19 pigs, 1 60, and 2 "maybes"that we have to force into "yes's"

I was talking to our drone partners and they may loan me a DJI phantom4 for some nice aerial camera work. You can't photo 19 pigs from the ground.

Outstanding

That would be neat to have and a pig group shot, might be a record number of pigs together. We're making history!!!:clap:

Someone must know some dirt on the 2 maybes, like they have been seen riding in a Jeep or buying Hawaiian shirts at Sacks, something we can use to make them see the light.o_O Let's break the 20 count!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom