1963 FJ45 SWB Fixed Top, Denver CO $15,000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1963 FJ45 SWB Fixed top 3FJ45-13034

Colorado car bought new at Kings Toyota, Montrose CO
It has had some things updated over the years to achieve a safe and strong driver while preserving originality. I wouldn’t hesitate to take him on a thousand mile trip or up a few 14-ers.

1969 F Engine # F277822, 7 main bearings (have the removed OE emission controls)
1974 4 speed Trans, Transfer, front & rear axle assemblies complete, front & rear drive shafts,

rear lengthened, 3.70 axle ratios
Hella H-4 headlights
New water pump, thermostat, belts, hoses, radiator cap
Fuel filter block-off plate, Carter electric fuel pump
Fuel pressure regulator
New Man-A-Fre brake shoes all around
New wheel cylinders rear (4)
Dual master cylinder with separate F&R brake circuits
Rebuilt rear differential w/ new seals, bearings & spider gear
Brakes and clutch bled every 2-3 years
Rebuilt steering box (with NOS parts)
Early steering bell crank replaced with ’72 improved version
Optional port-installed Arvin heater
New heater core, fresh blower motor
Engine block heater
Instrument cluster: OE warning lights replaced with gauges (have original)
Have most take-off OE levers & linkages from conversion to OE ’74 floor shifters
NOS wiper motors (have original)
Original Toyota locking gas cap (period correct)
Door and ignition tumblers original, still keyed alike
Newer window mechanisms, left door latch (have original)
Original bug-catcher wing vents
OE FJ45 rear sway bar & new bushings taken off when installing ’74 axles, included Man-A Fre HD clutch & Pressure plate
Rebuilt clutch master and slave cylinders
Four point safety harness for driver
Dick Cepek gas can rack
Handi-Man Jack
Original tool bag but contents stolen
Bed mounted roll bar (light duty 2” – more for securing loads than roll-over protection)

Cab has very little rust, doors & top have exterior surface rust only, tailgate great Bed is rusted through but rails and tailgate are fine
Repaint 1972, rust repair lead work 1983, could use paint if you don’t like patina Leak at transfer case front output shaft (have seal)

-Windshield cracked

I purchased this cruiser from the second owner, who owned it since 1971, and I've only changed a few small things (OEM riveted wheels w/ new TOYO M-55's, older style side mirrors, and put bumperettes on in place of the port option bumper)

I've wanted one since I saw my first one in grade school, and hoped I could take this one to th grave with me, but I'm not at a spot financially where I can do that... so here he is. This is a solid running/driving cruiser, with a lot of provenance and cool history from the previous owner of 40+ years. I've personally taken it all over the state of CO since I've had it, and it's an FJ45 that can be enjoyed while being restored. Hoping I can find the right home for him. Sorry for the Novel!

I'm pretty technologically deficient for as young as I am, but I'm going to try and get it out after work one evening this week and take pictures of everything and make a link for photobucket- until then, I'm happy to send pics of the truck that I already have on my phone, as it's not letting me upload to the thread.

Clear Colorado title in my name

Thanks!
Mike

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0629.JPG

IMG_1634.JPG

An F engine with 7 main bearings? ;)
It's an 1969 F145 Engine # F277822 4 main bearing engine, from a 1969 FJ40. (I'm the former owner.)
It's an honest truck.

Last edited:
It's an 1969 F145 Engine # F277822 7 main bearing engine, from a 1969 FJ40. (I'm the former owner.)
It's an honest truck.

I was making a joke about the fact that all F engines have the same number of main bearings - four.

BTW. It's a nice truck. GLWS. Just a little misunderstanding from the PO!

I was making a joke about the fact that all F engines have the same number of main bearings - four.
BTW. It's a nice truck. GLWS. Just a little misunderstanding from the PO!

Thanks. It was MY mistake (Previous PO since '71.) Mike (current seller) just copied and pasted my original list to him when I sold it.
I have built several F engines, but closed my shop in the late 70's. I replaced a few F135 cranks but never a F145 or 155.

Again, it was my mistake, not the current seller's. He's a good guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom