Overland Metric: JIS Bolt Kits & Hardware | Stainless & Carbon Steel (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No worries. Just thought the cad pan heads would be good in the cab.

Makes sense, I will keep this in mind. Thanks for the feedback.

Where can we get M12 jis bolts like your latest version of hex headed bolts?

Well, you can't get the M12s of our style anywhere except Toyota, and not in stainless from them.

You can get flanged head and regular hex in JIS sized M12 from BelMetric in Class 8.8 Silver Zinc.

What application do you need the M12s for? Maybe I can pull something together. They would likely cost me about $5 each bolt to make because of the low quantity I would likely have to order.

I was looking for the M12 x 1.25 10.9 JIS bolts also, they're being used on my 2f motor. I'm needing about 24 of them.

Where on the 2F are these? If I know, I can pull some PNs and see about getting some.

Starting to piece my 40 back together. Loving having this selection of JIS hardware to dip into. Thanks for a great product.

I was looking for the M12 x 1.25 10.9 JIS bolts also, they're being used on my 2f motor. I'm needing about 24 of them.

Just an update for anyone looking for M12 JIS Bolts - I've been working with mfg, and I think these are just going to be too expensive to produce in the Qty I could commit to, probably around $9 EA for a yellow zinc bolt, and double that for a stainless.

I would just buy OEM Toyota here:

2F Bell Housing to H42 Tranny = Toyota PN 91619-61235 (this is a M12x35 bolt) ~$2.30 EA from esteemed MUD vendors - this bolt could also be used for other M12 applications, cutting as needed.

As far as the engine mounts, the engine mount bracket to engine block look to be M10s. The engine mount themselves are M12, but vary whether a M12 bolt is needed for earlier models, to using a M12 nut on later models. The M12 bolt on earlier models is Toyota PN: 91619-41228

If OEM is not preferred for some reason, JIS M12s are available from BelMetric (in silver zinc):

Regular Hex Class 8.8 JIS Hex Bolts:
12x1.25 JIS Small Head Bolts : Bel-Metric, Metric Hardware, Metric Fasteners, Metric Bolts, Metric Nuts & Time-Sert Thread Repair

Flanged Head Class 10.9 JIS Hex Bolts:
M12X1.25 Flange Bolts : Bel-Metric, Metric Hardware, Metric Fasteners, Metric Bolts, Metric Nuts & Time-Sert Thread Repair

Just an update for anyone looking for M12 JIS Bolts - I've been working with mfg, and I think these are just going to be too expensive to produce in the Qty I could commit to, probably around $9 EA for a yellow zinc bolt, and double that for a stainless.

I would just buy OEM Toyota here:

2F Bell Housing to H42 Tranny = Toyota PN 91619-61235 (this is a M12x35 bolt) ~$2.30 EA from esteemed MUD vendors - this bolt could also be used for other M12 applications, cutting as needed.

As far as the engine mounts, the engine mount bracket to engine block look to be M10s. The engine mount themselves are M12, but vary whether a M12 bolt is needed for earlier models, to using a M12 nut on later models. The M12 bolt on earlier models is Toyota PN: 91619-41228

If OEM is not preferred for some reason, JIS M12s are available from BelMetric (in silver zinc):

Regular Hex Class 8.8 JIS Hex Bolts:
12x1.25 JIS Small Head Bolts : Bel-Metric, Metric Hardware, Metric Fasteners, Metric Bolts, Metric Nuts & Time-Sert Thread Repair

Flanged Head Class 10.9 JIS Hex Bolts:
M12X1.25 Flange Bolts : Bel-Metric, Metric Hardware, Metric Fasteners, Metric Bolts, Metric Nuts & Time-Sert Thread Repair

Thank you for looking into this.

hi a response from anyone is appreciated..Are these the same finish as most others.... . semi shiny light silver. the pics on the website make them look dark grey..Thank you.

Your pre-75 thermostat housing bolts (45mm) worked perfect for the FJ62 thermostat housing. A little different style but functionally the same :) Thanks for making a great product!
35966696755_b7c6c69fa9_c.jpg

35925214556_0f48522a2d_c.jpg

Kits look great! I plan on ordering one in the next week or so. Any reason you don't offer a 1000 piece stainless kit?

Josh

I'd like to voice my interest in carbon steel SEMs (zinc or cad). Genarally speaking, you don't want to use stainless hardware where it's not required due to the possibility of galling. And even 316 is subject to corrosion resulting from prolonged contact with carbon steel (galling especially will interrupt the chromium oxide layer allowing the stainless to get contaminated with carbon steel -- no bueno). Long story short, I'd like to have some SEMs in the stockpile, but I don't use stainless on the truck.

In any case, thanks for sourcing this stuff.

Your pre-75 thermostat housing bolts (45mm) worked perfect for the FJ62 thermostat housing. A little different style but functionally the same

This is great to know! Thanks for the heads up, I will work on adding that to the site.

Any reason you don't offer a 1000 piece stainless kit?

Josh

Mainly due to cost. A 1000 piece stainless kit would be very expensive. But if anyone would like me to put together a custom kit of this size, please send me an email or PM.

I'd like to voice my interest in carbon steel SEMs (zinc or cad). Genarally speaking, you don't want to use stainless hardware where it's not required due to the possibility of galling. And even 316 is subject to corrosion resulting from prolonged contact with carbon steel (galling especially will interrupt the chromium oxide layer allowing the stainless to get contaminated with carbon steel -- no bueno). Long story short, I'd like to have some SEMs in the stockpile, but I don't use stainless on the truck.

I am going to look into carbon steel SEMS in the future. It's difficult to stock so many SKUs, so I am careful of that knowing the separate bolts and washers can accomplish the same.

I understand your concern with stainless, but don't agree to the extent of all together not using it. In a lot of instances, the appearance and corrosion resistance of 316 well outweighs any potential galling, especially in corrosive environments. You can always use an anti-galling lubricant if it is a big concern. Sure, there are trade offs with using any fastener, and I can't argue with simply staying all carbon steel, but I do think stainless is a great option in a lot of places.

I just put in an order on your site. Thanks for doing this!

I ordered your kit and it is simply awesome!

I would like to recommend as one of your mini kits, a roll bar kit. One that covers all the bolts that mount the factory roll bar. I would like all my interior hardware to match, and thats one area that doesn't. IDK if its doable, but if it is... :)

Overland Metric Stainless Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sale!

20% OFF all Stainless Kits and Hardware:

CLICK HERE TO APPLY THE COUPON CODE

OR

Use Code MUDSS20 at Checkout

Thank you all and Happy Holidays!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom