Nav and Bluetooth option for First Gen GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone with factory nav purchased one of these? I noticed in red text on the jewellet website it says to call them before ordering if you have factory nav. My 2005 nav unit has fewer features than my watch.

This is the reason most want to find a GX without NAV because no one has made the switch to Non-NAV climate controls so they could swap out the stereo unit. If you swapped it out you would not have any air or heating controls.

I figured that was the case. This unit is super outdated and the only real thing you can use it for is to find 2005. I think I'm pointed toward a grom with Bluetooth interface for streaming until something better comes along.

I figured that was the case. This unit is super outdated and the only real thing you can use it for is to find 2005. I think I'm pointed toward a grom with Bluetooth interface for streaming until something better comes along.

I have an '09 so my system doesn't seem so outdated (I think there was a refresh at some point). However, Lexus does publish map updates every once in a while. I recently put in a *2015* Nav DVD for mine so while not as up to date as say Google it does fine for ~95% of other locations.

*EDIT: It was a 2016 map update.*

2015 is as far as the 2005-06 unit will go. I ordered the disk a few days ago off eBay and should see it by the end of the week. It's just a really old interface that I was hoping to update. I'll make do...there are far worse problems to have. Thanks for your help

Is everyone aware that Grom came out with this unit just recently? I chated with customer service and they don't have any specific gx videos but they did confirm that all of your climate, AM, FM and CD controls all come up on the screen in addition to the vline input.

Lexus Toyota 2004-2006 GROM VLine Infotainment System Upgrade Video Interface

Yes, a few people on GXOR have them. They were notoriously unreliable at first, but are allegedly improving through firmware updates. I would've bought one at the pre-release price of $300 if they were confirmed to be solid, but the current $500 price is way too high for me.

Yes same here....5 Hundo is way to much for me.

My current plan is a couple of these to hold a tablet over the nav screen position. A few people have done that - you can flip the tablet up out of the way to access the OEM display, and back down for nav/music/etc use. Bluetooth audio sync (the aforementioned Grom unit) will handle the audio connection.

Jlee are you talking about the USB3 grom unit? That one seems to make the most sense to me.
I have this:

Toyota Scion Lexus 02-12 Bluetooth Hands Free Car Adapter Kit (TOYNB3) - 1 pcs x 132.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom