Motel 60 - We'll Keep the Lights On For Ya (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We are in the process of setting up the FJ60 for sleeping. Sometimes a tent is just too much trouble.

Platforms and drawers are popular but this is going to be basic. Partly because I want to be able to sit up. Both of us are tall and neither of us are as flexible as we used to be. Having plenty of room is important.

Have strung 1/16 wire rope down both sides A to D pillar for privacy curtains. The copilot should have the curtains made in a few days.

The two cushions fit the cargo bay perfectly. When the back seat is removed will need to fill the gap somehow. Maybe one of those 10 gal footwell water tanks.

The cushions are from Home Depot. They are Hampton Bay brand and are meant for chaise lounges.

The two ammo cans hold tools and recovery gear and will serve as nightstands.

Future plans may include a cargo net "attic" to store the cushions when on the move and whatever other changes we decide are needed after a shakedown cruise.

The cushions in place:

003_1.jpg

004.jpg

Needs more twinkle lights and throw pillows. Perhaps an inspirational quote on the headliner, something like "Live, Laugh, Love".

I believe you're onto something there. Especially those little lights the RV crowd likes.

The "Live, Love, Laugh" thing would go great with the ammo cans.

I believe you're onto something there. Especially those little lights the RV crowd likes.

The "Live, Love, Laugh" thing would go great with the ammo cans.

Glad I could help, all those hours watching HGTV will pay off. I really want college girls to feel at home when they get in.

Glad I could help, all those hours watching HGTV will pay off. I really want college girls to feel at home when they get in.

With a name like mattressking how can you go wrong with college girls..

Remove the rear seat bottom. Then you have 6' from hatch to front seat back.

That is definitely on the list - thanks. I'm 6'4" and could use the length.

Basic setup, keep it simple is best way. My favorite color for a 60 but I'm kinda biased. Getter ready for a trip over to Ouray in August. Will be several like minded Mud members making the trek.

Solid Axle Summit 2017 Official Thread

With a name like mattressking how can you go wrong with college girls..

When I was in college I drove a '61 Chevy station wagon. Had a 283, three on the tree with overdrive.

I kept a mattress in the back.

where's the bedbug dispenser?

Where did you get those ammo cans? They fit nicely and are exactly what I'm looking for.

I bought them on ebay. They can be found at most gun shows and surplus stores.

Specifically they are M548 ammo boxes. These are the big ones with internal dimensions of 17-1/4" L x 7-1/2" W x 14" DP and are used for 40mm, 20mm, and 7.62 ammo. Lined the inside with cardboard to reduce rattles.

Link for more detail - post # 5150: What did you do with your 60 this weekend?

Yep-this makes a huge difference. If you slide the fronts forward, you'll have plenty of length to sleep inside.

I got rid of the rear seats all together an built a platform. I'm 6'2" and have at least another 2-4 inches available.

But sleeping inside is the best, and takes the stress out of weather and other problems.

But I have to ask, where are you going to keep the fridge?

Yep-this makes a huge difference. If you slide the fronts forward, you'll have plenty of length to sleep inside.

I got rid of the rear seats all together an built a platform. I'm 6'2" and have at least another 2-4 inches available.

But sleeping inside is the best, and takes the stress out of weather and other problems.

But I have to ask, where are you going to keep the fridge?

I will remove the seat bottom but probably keep the back intact. I do need the rear seat from time to time.

As to a fridge.....I'm a Neanderthal and still using a cooler.

@NookShneer used a pretty slick removable pin system to quickly take out/install the rear bench. I think he made a thread on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom