lx 470 to LC front end retrofit swap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Searched and didn't find anything. I like the LX470 but prefer the front end of the LC. How hard would it be to swap the front ends on these trucks?

Obviously would need:

hood
head lamps
grill
trim pieces below the head lights

what else am I missing?

I think a LC front clip with a lexus badge on a LX would look sweet!

You're also going to need to replace the metal structure that carries the headlights. I believe it's riveted on. I had to cut mine for clearance while installing an ARB bumper and the instructions (for an LC) made no mention of that step.

Paint... the hood won't match the fenders

Looking at doing this and have an entire parts truck to source from. How difficult would it be?

Looking at doing this and have an entire parts truck to source from. How difficult would it be?

If you have a part truck to source from then it will be pretty easy! Also I can swap you a set of new Depo 1 piece headlamp for your LX470 headlamp if you are interested as I need a set for my LX.

Who dug this thread up? After owning both LC and LX i can tell you the fit and finish of the LX seems more sturdy. There's less rattles and the cabin is more quiet on road trips. Speed wise the LC is a little faster since it's lighter, but the LX just feels more comfortable to cruise in. I also like that it's not two toned, well not all at least.

Who dug this thread up? After owning both LC and LX i can tell you the fit and finish of the LX seems more sturdy. There's less rattles and the cabin is more quiet on road trips. Speed wise the LC is a little faster since it's lighter, but the LX just feels more comfortable to cruise in. I also like that it's not two toned, well not all at least.
They came off the exact same assembly lines, built with the exact same parts, except for some interior trim and a little sound deadening.... and any miniscule weight difference is not going to be noticeable in a truck that weighs 6000lbs loaded.

The only difference is if you take your LX or LC in to get ripped off on dealership service, the Lexus dealer gives you chocolate chip cookies and a loaner, whereas the Toyota dealer just rips you off, no cookie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom