Urgent: Torque Converter for A442F Fully Hydraulic transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello there!

I have brought down my transmission of 1HDT 91 with A44F2 fully hydraulic.
Now I figured my torque converter is gone. No way I can find this in India, where I live.
I have been seeing some refurbished one's by Florida Torque Converters on ebay, any feedback if these guys are good? Conceptually is it a good idea to buy a refurbished torque converter?

Also please suggest anybody who I can source it from and who is willing to ship Internationally.
Thanks for the help.

Cheers!

the torque on the 1HD-T is peaking at 1400RPM, the gasoline engine is far up on the scale...that engine is a beauty for rock crawing, it will speed up to 175 kph (my own private test I got worried and let go of the pedal) or about 110 mph

the torque on the 1HD-T is peaking at 1400RPM, the gasoline engine is far up on the scale...that engine is a beauty for rock crawing, it will speed up to 175 kph (my own private test I got worried and let go of the pedal) or about 110 mph

I am totally confused, FSM says 1800 +/- 100 for 1HDT specifically. Are you saying that it is not more that 1400?
I got very bad throttle response, sluggish, gear slips and my TC when opened up looked like it was opened once before with welding marks all around. Looks like a sloppy rebuilt job..

For what it's worth... I have the same engine and transmission as you. My torque converter came from Wholesale Automatics, in Australia. (stalls right around 1800 or 1900 rpm) It is an overbuilt unit but it is really nice. If I were in your shoes, I would give them a call and see what their prices are... and ask them what they recommend. If you'd rather deal in the U.S. @torfab is the company that I would trust the most. They are incredibly knowledgeable.

no! I am talking about engine torque...the stall test, normall is 1950RPM + or - 150RPM if it is BELOW 600RPM the TC is faulty
For what it's worth... I have the same engine and transmission as you. My torque converter came from Wholesale Automatics, in Australia. (stalls right around 1800 or 1900 rpm) It is an overbuilt unit but it is really nice. If I were in your shoes, I would give them a call and see what their prices are... and ask them what they recommend. If you'd rather deal in the U.S. @torfab is the company that I would trust the most. They are incredibly knowledgeable.

No biases I just found that and thought should check, let me call them up and ask, thanks a ton for the info, really appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom