Registry Post Pics Of Your Modded 7x Series (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G'day guys and gals

Thought i would introduce myself before i start my own thread, currently living in Queensland Australia. Pictured is my 1986 RJ70 Bundera that i bought off a member on here ( strick i think ). The first picture is when i first got the Bundy, the second is how it sits now, bit of a diference :lol:

Looks better once you drive it off the lot. Would really be interested in detailed info on the rear bumper. Looks very stout!!

The rear bar was made by outcast offroad on the gold coast. Stout is bang on, i think it's about 4 -5mm thick plate steel bent up and welded for the main section, with tube welded for the ends and quarter panel protection. A hitch receiver has been welded in as well. Plus i had the two swing aways on, to gt the big heavy spare off the door, as well as give me somewhere to put fuel jerries. The bar has been put to the test a fair few times and has worked a treat.

here is a different angle of the bar, not the greatest, but gives you a different view of it

moded.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

I finally have my Troopy!
Engine and gears completely checked and refreshed by a overlanding expert.
New and higher suspensions, diff. lock in the back, secondary 12v battery in the back, new LED headlamps, second gaz tank.

I will start transforming the inside in a few days. Still trying to figure out my favorite setup and where to find parts in my country (Switzerland) as this model is pretty exotic here :
  1. Roof rack
  2. Recovery tools
  3. Insulation
  4. Switches with locking system
  5. LED lights
PS : What do you guys think about the tires, should I go bigger or just stay with those for a while?

4rOweDz.jpg

Today was a day of firsts for me and Sophia...

First Creek crossing:
IMG_0600.JPG

First captured tire lift:
IMG_0621.PNG

First "rock crawling"
IMG_0622.PNG

Also first time I had to use my lockers (front and rear). I can say clay doesn't go well with rain and hills. Finally, first time I had to do a recovery. Due to the aforementioned rain/clay steering was very difficult. I slid into a rut I knew I'd get hung up on. Luckily I was about to jack the front and slide sticks and rocks to aid freeing myself up.

So here is my 1990 lj78 prado
I picked this up fairly stock December 23rd and have been busy with it considering i work on it on a driveway in the great frozen north.

Engine.
Flushed and filled with waterless coolant.
New ebay ct20 turbo on saturday.
Turbosmart boost controller.
Snow performance stage 1 water methanol injection with a #2 100ml/min nozzle. A #3 is way to much for a 2.4. I used the headlight washer tank as my reservoir and mounted the pump under the coolant overflow.
Several new seals and gaskets
3 inch down to a 2.5 glasspack side dump before rear wheels.

Driveline
Electric locking hubs converted to manual with a kit from 4wheelauto. Really easy kit to install look an hour a side working slow.
30mm spring spacers in the rear, waiting for the fronts to arrive.
Old man emu shocks
Bfg k02 32x11.5x15 on steel

Recovery
Smitttbilt 10,000 lbs wireless mounted behind front bumper on a 3/8 plate bolted between the frame
20 feet of bubba rope

Interior.
Water temp, egt, boost guages. Watermeth lights and switches.

I now have it to a point where everything works and nothing is in need. Now i can focus on breaking it.

20170402_182800.jpg

20170402_182745.jpg

20170402_182738.jpg

20170402_182658.jpg

20170402_182644.jpg

Nice and neat, well done on the winch mount. Could you post info on the Turbosmart
boost controller?

How do you like the meth? I did it on my B5S4 and friggin loved it. The car loved 3rd gear past 4K.

How do you like the meth? I did it on my B5S4 and friggin loved it. The car loved 3rd gear past 4K.
Love it. The motor is at a point where it really doesn't need it like when i first installed it nearly stock and rather anemic. Its real useful for passing and hills. Probably the only reason it survived the great divide between alberta and bc

Nice and neat, well done on the winch mount. Could you post info on the Turbosmart
boost controller?
Im using a turbosmart underhood manual boost controller. Boost pressure goes into a line. T's off to a boost gauge. Passes through the boost controller which bleeds off pressure fooling the wastegate into thinking its only at stock. 12 psi goes in turbo thinks its at 8.5. Paid 115 at jb's powercenter in edmonton. Turn the knob out for less chooch and in for more chooch. Best money ive ever spent.

20170402_182725.jpg

Love it. The motor is at a point where it really doesn't need it like when i first installed it nearly stock and rather anemic. Its real useful for passing and hills. Probably the only reason it survived the great divide between alberta and bc
How did you setup meth injection? Mine was set to start spraying at 4300rpm, and taper off starting at 6000 rpm. but that was on a built and tuned car. I'd imagine you don't have as much control with a largely mechanical diesel?

How did you setup meth injection? Mine was set to start spraying at 4300rpm, and taper off starting at 6000 rpm. but that was on a built and tuned car. I'd imagine you don't have as much control with a largely mechanical diesel?
It uses an adjustable boost pressure switch. I have it fire at 8 psi and it will run it down to 7. I have a pull knob in series to shut it off. I don't inject until i have 150 watertemp. I also shut it off on highway since its never running below 8 psi

So here is my 1990 lj78 prado
I picked this up fairly stock December 23rd and have been busy with it considering i work on it on a driveway in the great frozen north.

Engine.
Flushed and filled with waterless coolant.
New ebay ct20 turbo on saturday.
Turbosmart boost controller.
Snow performance stage 1 water methanol injection with a #2 100ml/min nozzle. A #3 is way to much for a 2.4. I used the headlight washer tank as my reservoir and mounted the pump under the coolant overflow.
Several new seals and gaskets
3 inch down to a 2.5 glasspack side dump before rear wheels.

Driveline
Electric locking hubs converted to manual with a kit from 4wheelauto. Really easy kit to install look an hour a side working slow.
30mm spring spacers in the rear, waiting for the fronts to arrive.
Old man emu shocks
Bfg k02 32x11.5x15 on steel

Recovery
Smitttbilt 10,000 lbs wireless mounted behind front bumper on a 3/8 plate bolted between the frame
20 feet of bubba rope

Interior.
Water temp, egt, boost guages. Watermeth lights and switches.

I now have it to a point where everything works and nothing is in need. Now i can focus on breaking it.

]

Love your truck, and nice choice in upgrades! Looks great. Always nice to see new LJ7x enthusiasts out there.

What thermostat are you running? A few of us 2LTE owners have gone to a Tridon high flow 88C T-stat out of Australia. It works very well and I highly recommend it.

Have you eliminated any of your emissions stuff? This is another thing that can really benefit the motor by keeping the intake cleaner and cooler. A few of us have also removed the throttle plate in there which gives more low end torque and helps the motor cool down faster at idle.

Cool to see another 2LTE owner with meth/water injection. I also run meth/water injection. I'm using a D04 nozzle (250ml/min) at 250psi and run 50/50 meth/water in winter and 20/80 meth water in summer. Makes a huge power difference for sure. But I can't run too much methanol in summer as it seems to ignite before the piston reaches TDC, and causes knocking. Doesn't do this in winter though. So I just change my mix seasonally. The water really helps cool the cylinders in summer anyhow. I'm intercooled and run 18psi (after intercooler). Equivalent to about 23psi with no intercooler. My meth injection turns on at about 15psi. Otherwise I run out of my mix in a real hurry!

Love your truck, and nice choice in upgrades! Looks great. Always nice to see new LJ7x enthusiasts out there.

What thermostat are you running? A few of us 2LTE owners have gone to a Tridon high flow 88C T-stat out of Australia. It works very well and I highly recommend it.

Have you eliminated any of your emissions stuff? This is another thing that can really benefit the motor by keeping the intake cleaner and cooler. A few of us have also removed the throttle plate in there which gives more low end torque and helps the motor cool down faster at idle.

Cool to see another 2LTE owner with meth/water injection. I also run meth/water injection. I'm using a D04 nozzle (250ml/min) at 250psi and run 50/50 meth/water in winter and 20/80 meth water in summer. Makes a huge power difference for sure. But I can't run too much methanol in summer as it seems to ignite before the piston reaches TDC, and causes knocking. Doesn't do this in winter though. So I just change my mix seasonally. The water really helps cool the cylinders in summer anyhow. I'm intercooled and run 18psi (after intercooler). Equivalent to about 23psi with no intercooler. My meth injection turns on at about 15psi. Otherwise I run out of my mix in a real hurry!
I noticed that when i ran a #3 175ml minute nozzle i got diesel knock. More boost and fuel at higher revs would probably compensate. I mixed up a 60ml nozzle with a 600 once and the damn thing nearly ran away. Had to kill it at the switch. I just finished the egr delete and throttle plate removal last night. Sure does make a difference. I noticed i only had but a very light coating of carbon in my throttle body. Likely a result of dumping many gallons of meth through it and dumping crankcase through a catch can to atmosphere.

Ta Da.... My 1994 KZJ78 just been trimmed a little and caged. If you search thru the photos back about 5 years ago or more you will find my truck before its transformation.
View attachment 1447087
Are you the guy who had issues with two seperate shops completing work on time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom