What mod did you add to your Toyota this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Years ago I remember reading that the '76 or so Jeep J20 boxes were a good box to run. Supposedly a little more heavy duty and had extra gussets on the box. IIRC.

Finally got my front axle back under the 40. Just need to run new brake lines.

IMG_8351.JPG
IMG_8378.JPG

You need to sleeve that drag link. Just sayin...

Which rear disc conversion kit did you go with ?

That would be @Poser rear disc kit. I purchased the full kit from him and bought Monte Carlo front loaded calipers from Rock Auto. Super easy conversion. Had everything bolted on within 2 hours.

Flipped the rear axle on my 40 and started working on moving the rear wheel well.

IMG_8669.JPG
IMG_8716.JPG

Next I'll be doing the same thing @Tireguy87 is doing and installing rear discs and stripping the housing down for paint.

Put the fuel tank back in the 60 after having it cleaned and coated, had fine rust in my fuel filter and it made it to the carb as well..

I've been working my butt off on my '78 for some time now, in fact I haven't posted at all in several months. Anyway, over that time span I've installed an EFI distributor, Weber 38/38 carb, porcelain coated 2 piece headers, new tie rod ends, new steering stabilizer, new Kenwood AM/FM/CD player, new dash light bulbs, new tail lights, all new radiator hoses, heater hoses, stainless steel brake, and clutch hoses, new fuel tank, new fuel pump, new fuel filter, changed oil, and filter, new center console, and I've got some floor insulation to put in. I've also put in a new rear sill, and sill cover. What else? Being doing some body work, fighting rust.....undercoating. I still need new tires, and I am thinking about a 4" lift kit, but I really can't afford that right now.
I think the old fuel tank can be cleaned up, and coated, but I wanted to get one in right away. If anyone wants an original 1978 FJ40 fuel tank, I will let it go for $75.
I guess that's about it for now, I've got to get back in the shop, and back to work.

AHC delete. Something I never want to do again. Stock torsion bars (Thanks Bobbie) and springs (thank you Steven). New Toyota shocks. Rides really well. All AHC lights off, but have dreaded ABS/VSC/TRAC trio of lights on now. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom