Death Valley 3/25/17 - 4/2/17 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John and I had a great trip. No mechanical issues, no flats and the weather was great until the last day. The wind kicked up something fierce and we said it's time to head home a day earlier than planned. Stovepipe wells had the best fuel prices at $2.91/gal. Panamint and Furnace Creek were stupid expensive. We saw tons of 4Runners and Tacos and only few Landcruisers. Toyotas pretty much dominated the park and the park service also has Tacos in their fleet.

Here're the places we visited:

Ibex Mountain
Warm springs canyon and cabins
Titus canyon
Cerro Gordo ghost town
Alancha town for fuel
Saline hot springs
Ubehebee crater and a perimeter hike
Darwin town and Darwin falls hike
Ractrack
Lippincott pass
Marble canyon, Cottonwood canyon

Marble canyon:
20170327_170852.jpg

Saline hot springs
20170329_190510.jpg

Cerro Gordo
20170330_144624.jpg

Last edited:
Darwin falls
Darwin falls.jpg

Hotel in Cerro Gordo, very cool wood stove
Wood stove.jpg

Lippincott trail
20170329_113639.jpg

Plane crash landed the previous Friday, no injuries. Wind flipped it over while it was sitting.
IMG_20170330_141034_558.jpg

Last edited:
very cool

John will have some high res pics once he uploads them to his hosting site. He took a lot of pics of the Milky way around 4am!!

Another great trip with Ali, thanks for heading it up man. Bummer we missed you beno... Ali summed up the trip well.

I took 1k+ pictures, will cull out many of them and need to spend some time processing the survivors, but here is one I hastily had to check out. I have a lot to learn and had several "learning opportunities".

5W0A4911_DxO-Edit-Edit-LR-X3.jpg

Last edited:
OUTSTANDING!!!

That is a very impressive shot. As cool as those dark skies can be in person, it's difficult to capture on "film".

Jealous!!!! Looks like you guys had a great trip.

Awesome pics John.

Awesome pics John.
thanks! I'm still struggling with post processing, the pics look significantly darker on smugmug than on my computer (same monitor) let alone changes in monitors, colorspace, etc... oh well.

Well, that sucks. Hopefully you were not hurt, and the truck can be repaired, for a sum of money, of course.

What happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom