MOAB October 1-14, 2017!! CANCELLED (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For obvious reasons, GSMTR makes sense. If the cell coverage is good, I see no problem then. As much as I would like to weigh in on the GSMTR conversations and attend in general, but I will be at my graduation. Fortunately, there's the Hale Mountain run, and Mardi Crawl before GSMTR.

I'm a pretty reasonable and understanding person, and by no means do I wish to step on anyones toes or steal the show here. I offer myself as an asset to ease the strain of this trip, and increase the odds of a greater turnout.

I believe GSMTR is the best venue for the meeting. Most of the people involved are already going to be there and based on past experience we may pick up additional participants. There is good cel coverage so if an issue or change is discussed that affects someone that is not there we can call.
Elbert since you are towing your own rig the transport portion of the meeting does not affect you, I can call from event if we need any input.

Fine with me and I realize that my situation is likely of no impact to others with respect to transportation. Just wanting to stay in the loop, thanks. Its is a fairly long haul from my location to the park. Call me as needed anytime. Hope things can move forward in a positive way and this thing works out, I know there are details to be worked out.

Interested in the trip planning discussion if that takes place at GSMTR. I'm pretty close to being able to commit. Just had to get family vacations for the year sorted first. I'll be driving out and back likely for only a one week. I'm interested to see when certain moderate trails might be run by the group.

I'm sure we can accommodate, your needs. You wont be disappointed! The views are worth the trip. The more the merrier.

20151015_162432.jpg

Wow. No thread activity in six weeks. Sad.

We're all waitin for some face to face discussion at GSMTR.

I know. But still, no chat at all makes it appear that nobody is real excited about it.

We're all waitin for some face to face discussion at GSMTR.

Exactly. GSMTR will be the birth place or death bed of this trip. There's been plenty of interest online but we will get a pretty good idea of how serious people really are within the next 5 weeks.

I know. But still, no chat at all makes it appear that nobody is real excited about it.

You're right but the Georgia page has been pretty slow overall the last few months anyway. There have been PMs and text messaging flying outside of this thread.

I just got my work schedule for sept/oct. My last day of work is Sept 26th in WY. So i should be good to see you guys there for the beginning of the trip. When i am out in WY i am part of the Montana chapter, 406 Cruisers. Do you guys care if i open the invitation to any of those guys to tag along?

I just got my work schedule for sept/oct. My last day of work is Sept 26th in WY. So i should be good to see you guys there for the beginning of the trip. When i am out in WY i am part of the Montana chapter, 406 Cruisers. Do you guys care if i open the invitation to any of those guys to tag along?

As long as we dont overwhelm Grandpa's place whoch i dont think we currently are I personally I welcome the additional crowd. What kind of rigs we talking about?.

As long as we dont overwhelm Grandpa's place whoch i dont think we currently are I personally I welcome the additional crowd. What kind of rigs we talking about?.
Honestly probably no one will come.I tried getting them to come down that way last year when i was driving from WY to GA and no one could make it. But i will offer again this year. Everyone i know up there drives rigs that are pretty mild. They drive them to and from the trails.

still looking for hardcore guys... we supposedly have 2 or 3 but would love to have more to run with regularly this year.

Area BFE as a teaser. It's only 10 miles away

Psssttt..... *whispering*

Thinking of going next year during EJS if my transfer takes me south or east from WA at all. Just something to ponder. Planting a seed, if you will. :)

Since we are planting seeds, I have a group interest in June/July 2018. A moderate group possibly going to Woody's (sand mountain) for a few days then Moab for the Kokopelli's trail and a few more.

Since we are planting seeds, I have a group interest in June/July 2018. A moderate group possibly going to Woody's (sand mountain) for a few days then Moab for the Kokopelli's trail and a few more.

Being a teacher and all, this would be a better time of year for me to make the trip...

interested

I'll be following the future 2018 thread - I'd be interested if it morphed into a moderate/hard core trip with area BFE on the list.

I'll be following the future 2018 thread - I'd be interested if it morphed into a moderate/hard core trip with area BFE on the list.

Area BFE is definitely on the list. In fact, it's probably easier to get to BFE than just about any other trails out there as far as acceess nd vicinity.

Just me personally speaking but if 2017 falls through my plan C (Plan B is in deep trouble) was for spring or fall 2018 trip but in the interest of Keeping 2017 alive I've refrained from voicing it until now.

Shall we say a meeting around the campfire Thursday evening at GSMTR shall be called for those interested??? I think most everyone will be there by then.

The hardcore group seems to be the hardest group to fill out, smaller pool of people and only a small percentage of those who have the desire and free time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom