Brake parts 2008-2010 or is it to 2015 and Rotor Pad discussion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Which one? It looks like DBA has a number of slotted rotors that fit the 200.
Front : DBA-42722S
Rear : DBA-42723S

Can you summarize Christo's reasoning for the rest of us shopping?

The more aggressive pads make noise, leave dust and don't really do much more to help stop the vehicle. It is an opinion, but one I value. I am sure there are those who are really happy with more aggressive pads.

Thanks. I was guessing you went with the 4000 series. Let us know how you like them.

Also, are you using stainless steel brake lines? If so, can you post a source?

Hey @Romer how are you liking the DBA rotors and OEM pads so far? Any mountain trips yet to give a good test of 'em here in CO? Thanks in advance for sharing!

Hey @Romer how are you liking the DBA rotors and OEM pads so far? Any mountain trips yet to give a good test of 'em here in CO? Thanks in advance for sharing!

I really like them. No MTN tests yet, but lots of stop and go highway traffic in a few cases going from 60 on the highway to a quick stop. Real happy with them

Thanks. I was guessing you went with the 4000 series. Let us know how you like them.

Also, are you using stainless steel brake lines? If so, can you post a source?
Crown Performance out of Vista, CA have made a couple extended length sets for a couple of us. +3 - 4" in the front and a couple extra inches on the rear drop lines. They could make any lengths you need, $190 shipped. You have to call them, ask for John Garate. If you email you will most likely not receive a response.

I cooked my front rotors towing my old boat. After consulting with Brian Jowett I swapped to Tundra Calipers and Rotors.
The pads still remain Land Cruiser 200 pads as they share the same parts. That said, I've been running Centric Slotted rotors with Centric Ceramic Pads for about 75,000 miles. The're been fantastic.
Swapped out the pads at about 50,000.
The tundra rotors are just thicker so they have more mass.
Anyway, this is Brian put on his wife's truck so if they were good enough for her...........
https://www.tirerack.com/brakes/bra...6573!&ef_id=WgoRBwAAAqgG_4kB:20171114203428:s

I really like them. No MTN tests yet, but lots of stop and go highway traffic in a few cases going from 60 on the highway to a quick stop. Real happy with them
@Romer Ken- not sure if you’ve posted elsewhere but any feedback on your brake setup after year and a half? Still pleased with DBA rotors and oe pads?

@Romer Ken- not sure if you’ve posted elsewhere but any feedback on your brake setup after year and a half? Still pleased with DBA rotors and oe pads?

Cody, I am still very happy with this setup and I pulled a very heavy trailer over the mountains and back when I went to Moab with no issues.

Front : DBA-42722S
Rear : DBA-42723S

The more aggressive pads make noise, leave dust and don't really do much more to help stop the vehicle. It is an opinion, but one I value. I am sure there are those who are really happy with more aggressive pads.
Thanks for the help. I ordered the DBA rotors and have been struggling with what pad. After reading through all this I’m going with OEM pads and the same T3 rotors you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom