Tips/Tricks to Installing MAF Drop Brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to be installing some MAF drop brackets in the next couple of days and was curious if there are and tricks/tips to doing so before I get started. Is there a certain technique to use to lower the rear of the LCA? I have also heard mention of some grinding to aid the install - where is this grinding going to happen?

Thanks

It is an easy install, esp if they are the 2 or 3" brackets. The 4" brackets require a little more work. No need to have the vehicle off the ground either.

I would recommend setting the e-brake. Leave the tires on, and with the 2 or 3" brackets you should do one side at a time. Only unbolt the body side, don't touch the axle end bolts. The rubber bushings will flex enough to let you slide the brackets in.

Hint: If you are having trouble, raise up the vehicle with a floor jack under the axle. Elevate the front end of the truck four to six inches by raising up on the axle. Place jackstands under the frame, but let the tires and the front axle droop back to the ground. This will unload the suspension enough to make manipulating the axle easier.

There are only 3 bolts per side, well under an hour start to finish (assuming no rust).

Last edited:
... raise up the vehicle with a floor jack under the axle. Elevate the front end of the truck four to six inches by raising up on the axle. Place jackstands under the frame, but let the tires and the front axle droop back to the ground. This will unload the suspension enough to make manipulating the axle easier.
Use the jack stand method. We don't want to read about another member having their truck try and kill them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom