Purchase online (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As 200s are fairly rare and when attempting to purchase you may have to purchase out of state. How many on here have purchased the vehicle without seeing it in person?

I'm looking at a CPO 2015 with 24k miles, 1 owner, clean carfax, photos show it looks good, undercarriage is spotless and has all service records(original owner bought from same dealer that is selling it now with all service done at that dealer).

Am I crazy to arrange a purchase with first viewing upon delivery?

Its a lot of money but don't have time to go see it first.

just interested to see how many on here purchased without going to see the 200 first.

I did as well. 2014 with 16K. Pictures and dealer description only. Negotiated price over the phone. Purchased a plane ticket and went and got it. CPO made me confident I wasn't getting screwed.

I've bought a few cars sight and unseen, I wouldn't hesitate on a 200 BUT I would check the under carriage for rust very carefully.

IMG_2497.JPG

I've never seen an undercarriage this clean

Looks good. I have once. A CPO would make me feel more at ease, can you talk to the original owner?

I bought my 100 that way several years ago and it worked out fine. Just make sure it's insured during shipping.

I could ask the dealer if I could speak with the previous owner. They did tell me it was an older couple who decided that they didn't need that big of a vehicle and traded in for a loaded highlander. All the photos and history make it seem like a road warrior that has been serviced routinely and not been abused. Only "blemishes" are a few rock chips on the front bumper. Its more than I want to spend (59995) but they are willing to drive it to the state line so that I can save on sales tax. I need to make a purchase by may - not sure how many others close to me will be around in this good of condition. Leaning towards making the plunge.

I purchased mine sight unseen. Do your due diligence, but with it being a southern rig (I assume) based on the undercarriage picture, I wouldn't hesitate. At only 24k miles with a good service history and CPO, you can't go wrong IMHO.

I did too, though I didn't actually sign the paperwork from a distance... I drove to it and could have officially blacked out at that point...but I'd done all my negotiating by phone without seeing it. It was my 100 series that I bought when it was 3 years old. Amazing truck that I drove everywhere until it was 16 years old.

I just picked up my LX 570 sight unseen. If your is a CPO I would not be concerned. Mine is a 2011 and it was as represented. I did talk to the service advisor at the Lexus dealer where the truck was serviced and they were helpful. Bought a plane ticket and drove her home, 1300 miles! These are great trucks, felt like I was cheating on my 100! This rides so muck better and 19-20 mpg to boot. Good luck.

I'm going to talk to the dealer again today, see if I can sweeten the deal a bit more. If they are willing to accept my deal I think I am going to go for it. More to follow and hopefully a 200!

If you're OK with the cost, do it.

I bought my 2013 last year with 49k miles on it for just under $50k with delivery. I haven't looked at used prices recently - the price might be a little high but I don't think it's terrible. Mine was Toyota CPO as well, shipped from Houston to Chicago. On the plus side the Houston dealer was AutoNation, so I went to a Chicago AutoNation dealer and they took care of the transfer for me. I had to put $1k down (non-refundable) to get it shipped, but that gave me an out if I'd found something terribly wrong with it. Doesn't sound like you have that option but if they're willing to work with you on the delivery and you like the year and color I'd absolutely do it.

As a side note, my undercarriage looked as clean as yours when I purchased. Gotta love warm climates.

they are willing to drive it to the state line so that I can save on sales tax.

Not sure the Texas tax law but in most states and localities you have to pay sales tax where you register your vehicle, not where you buy it.

The cost has definitely been an issue. It is more than I want to spend. Used market is all over the map. For CPO based on what people are paying for a 15 with around 20-25K miles 59-61K seems to be the sweet spot. I was looking primarily at the 2013-2014. In my area there are not many of these. I am willing to travel but certainly would be nice to not have to. For CPO with all service records and nearly spotless I don't know if I can find better. I'm sure there will be others in the next few months but you never know and they may not have the history that this one has. It has been very difficult to decide. There is a Charcol/black 2013 with 42K miles in Phoenix for 49888, not CPO right now. Its at a Chevy dealership but they have been difficult to work with. And the wife prefers white vehicles. She likes the idea of CPO and less miles.

Not sure the Texas tax law but in most states and localities you have to pay sales tax where you register your vehicle, not where you buy it.

According to the dealer in Arizona - the state makes you pay AZ sales tax (8.3%) if you take delivery in AZ. Texas auto sales tax is capped at 6.25%. If I take delivery out of state I pay 2.35% sales tax for AZ then the difference in Texas up to 6.25%. I'd save almost 1K doing that.

The underside of that one looks to be about as clean as they come. If a 2015 do you have some bumper to bumper warranty left? I think you get a year b2b with the CPO (can't remember) so anything with issues can be fixed.

CPO includes a 1yr/12K b2b warranty. Plus 7yrs/100K powertrain. Certainly makes the deal less stressful knowing you have some protection.

I was looking primarily at the 2013-2014. In my area there are not many of these. I am willing to travel but certainly would be nice to not have to. For CPO with all service records and nearly spotless I don't know if I can find better. I'm sure there will be others in the next few months but you never know and they may not have the history that this one has. It has been very difficult to decide...She likes the idea of CPO and less miles.

It look me close to 6 months to find the vehicle I wanted. I started out looking in the '08-'11 range and eventually moved up to '13 and just accepted I'd have a little longer loan.

As I said, if you can swing the $, I'd pull the trigger. CPO, low mileage, no rust, dealer willing to meet you for delivery... Then again I typically keep vehicles 8-9 years, and I'm actually hoping to keep this one longer, so I wouldn't be concerned with depreciation. If you are worried about depreciation, then you probably want to wait on a 2013 since ~5 years is the sweet spot on the depreciation curve with the LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom