Andy's Taco build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@caz I see they make a front locker. Might be worth checking out. Just get a spare cv or 2. Either front or rear will require setting up gears.

Not sure on timing, but my rear axle will be available at some point.

Not really a "progress" update, but I put a nice sized dent in the rear of the bed this last month's trip. I managed to push it out a little. It's first dent!!

Before
20170321_133610.jpg

After

20170321_133825.jpg

Boy Andy I am sorry to see that dent. It sure was slippery that snowyday two weeks ago. I heard that everyone had some body damage that day but I didn't see your dent. It's a shame for such a formerly clean truck to have a dent! Guess there will be more, though.....

That...first...dent...:mad:

My 7th or 8th dent hurt the most;)
IMG_0006.JPG

See Andy, could be worse.
AND, this is exactly why you sold the 40 and acquired the Taco in the first place. I say, job well done!

Andy, you may want look into painless dent repair (pdr) glue pulling for dents like that. It works best on original paint, (won't pull paint when you use the glue pull gear - tabs, special hot glue, and puller), but may pull on repainted areas. I smashed in some of my cab and had pretty good luck repairing it this way. I bought some of the glue pull tools to do this and am still on a long learning curve. PDR starts with push tools, but I went with the easier to use glue pull stuff.

I was able to fix all those inconsiderate door dings and such that had always bothered me.

Good work on the Taco.

Andy, you may want look into painless dent repair (pdr) glue pulling for dents like that. It works best on original paint, (won't pull paint when you use the glue pull gear - tabs, special hot glue, and puller), but may pull on repainted areas. I smashed in some of my cab and had pretty good luck repairing it this way. I bought some of the glue pull tools to do this and am still on a long learning curve. PDR starts with push tools, but I went with the easier to use glue pull stuff.

Thanks Dan. I'm sure it'll just get more as time goes on! I have been trying to decide what to do back there anyhow.

Do you still have ole' blue?

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom