WARN HYDRAULIC WINCH INSTALL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I just bought a new warn hydraulic winch 30281 (9 series) but i am not sure how to install / operate it. There is no remote control or something to winch / unwinch

I am supposed to conect this winch to a pto hydraulic pump that will rotate just in one way, so the winch will turn just one way too.

I readed there should be a type of valve but nobody posted pictures of it installation. Pictures will be appreciated

I choosed hydraulic winch because i have a diesel b engine / 24v bj40 and its hard to turn it on when both batteries are dead plus i like the idea of winch all Day long if needed.
IMG-20170311-WA0020.jpeg
IMG-20170311-WA0016.jpeg
IMG-20170311-WA0014.jpeg
IMG-20170311-WA0012.jpeg

Thank you

Will

I am going to send you a private message, so be on the lookout for that.

The Series winches are really designed for the towing industry. You can find all the info, including manuals, here: Warn Industries - Tow Truck & Industrial Hydraulic Winches: Series 9

You could also contact our El Salvadorian distributor:

Auto Inversion 4x4
Final 73 Ave. Sur B-1
Colonia Escalon
San Salvador, San Salvador, SV
503-2512-6396

I don't know how familiar they will be with the hydraulic winches, however. You could call.

Anyway, look for a PM.

Andy

Your BJ have a PTO winch ..? or you are planning to run it from your factory PS pump ..? ( not recommended )

Well my BJ40 did not have a PTO, hydraulic pump or winch.

Last year i upgraded the transmission and transfer case.

The guy who did the job told me that he had a PTO that could connect to the transmission and i agreed thinking of a mechanical winch, but i did not know that when connected to the transmission, the PTO only rotates only in a sense (if you connect it to the transfer case, you can operate it with the shift levers but you can not help to pull with the wheels)

After this, i decided to use the PTO to move an air compressor or an hydraulic winch and well, i decided to install an hydraulic winch with its own hydraulic system, and not to use the p/s pump.

I am not sure if somebody tried this before (i didnt find any results) but the guys of warn sent me a really helpful info, i just need to buy some parts and hoses.

Last edited:
(if you connect it to the transfer case, you can operate it with the shift levers but you can not help to pull with the wheels)

Ohh .. ! you can .. !

I've seen in the web hydraulic pumps connected to the PTO that's why I ask about you having a PTO not mean by the winch .. just the PTO t-case option ..

Ohh .. ! you can .. !

I've seen in the web hydraulic pumps connected to the PTO that's why I ask about you having a PTO not mean by the winch .. just the PTO t-case option ..

I am not sure you can because you need to put your transfer case to neutral... right?

You can actualy use the pto winch while driving the cruiser in any gear going faster or slower whatever is required.

You can actualy use the pto winch while driving the cruiser in any gear going faster or slower whatever is required.

Is this with the pto connected to the transfer or to the transmission?

Many boats have a hydraulic pump driven off the engine via belt off the front of the engine.

Usually easy to install, common, and no interference with driving while winching.

Just another idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom