Carolina Relic Run 2017 - June 9th-11th 2017 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Talked with Todd at Real Steel Cruiser Parts. He is donating a set of Factory Soft Top Bows. A 1k value.

Do I watch my brother graduate high school or go to Relic Run and try to win a raffle for soft top bows so I can then buy your soft top. Tough deciison.

Talked with Todd at Real Steel Cruiser Parts. He is donating a set of Factory Soft Top Bows. A 1k value.

That is fantastic news! Thank you for speaking to him about our event and for getting them on board as a sponsor.

Please put me in contact with Todd as I need to get his logo and information.

The raffle prizes are extremely generous! I need both the top and bows to rid my 40 of the Bestop fiasco!

So I'm coming - and I'd like my 40 to be part of pictures/etc.. but without a parking brake I won't be going on the trail ride. Is there a registration option for that or is it just the regular registration?

Working on the parking brake now and an updated skid plate next month.

So I'm coming - and I'd like my 40 to be part of pictures/etc.. but without a parking brake I won't be going on the trail ride. Is there a registration option for that or is it just the regular registration?

Just a regular registration.

Trollhole soft top, Real Steel bows - Watch, the winners of these wonderful items will drive anything but a 40.

Plenty of time ... we can fix that parking do-dad thingy.

Thanks Rice. I actually googled the definition of parking brake to see if a set of wheel chocks actually fits the description. Technically it does. But (in my opinion) it's kind of a sneaky way to skirt the rules, so I was just planning to sit it out. But hey, maybe we need to have a mini HAMOM? Or hell, how about an ECU wiring, injector and fuel pump installing, tuning HAMOM at the storage shed I have :)

wheel chocks will not pass inspection as a parking brake (do I really need to say that?)

:lol:

Ya know, as someone that reads contracts and agreements on a regular basis, I have a knack for finding creative solutions. That said, no I don't think you need to say that. I think most normal humans wouldn't be googling parking brake definition and applying it to a wheel chock... :)

I think you could rig a bolt to hang inside the transmission to drop when you pull the e-brake handle. It would lock the trans up better than any Fj40 parking brake. You would pass inspection but fail driving after the inspection.

What about a scrub brake on the tire like the old go-carts?

That is fantastic news! Thank you for speaking to him about our event and for getting them on board as a sponsor.

Please put me in contact with Todd as I need to get his logo and information.

Pm sent

You should bring your 60 to be a part of the pictures too. I can drive it.

Mine is in and working as described in the inspection rules. Hangs a little lower than what I expected but the new skid plate will cover it.

DSCN0279.JPG

I'm bringing a rider along. Can the rider purchase raffle tickets or will the rider be required to join to purchase raffle tickets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom