What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Accidentally jumped it over a sand dune while running the tide..... No harm done, no damage anywhere, but could have been dicey seeing as I was doing about 80kmh (50mph?) running 20psi in the tyres at the time. If you look in the background, you can see where I came out of the sunlight into the shade and while my eyes were adjusting I didn't notice the other tyre tracks all veering around this bit of sand....
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Since my 200 is gone I had the day to finish this bastard's body work and get it on the road. Beyond fun to drive. Nothing I've driven has rev matched so well. Those wacky Germans knew how to make a car in the 80s

20170318_195243.jpg

Love you euro front end! 535 or 528?

Locking lug nuts, trd air filter and matching window tint for front windows...the beginning.
Trying to come up with a light weight easily removable drawer/storage design.

Seeing if my electronic Forrest Gumpness can tap power for some rear hatch lighting like @Mowai did a few weeks ago...

Have to come in from the upper panel bc my drawers block removal of the lower...

When pulling this panel...I also noticed how much SPACE seems to be hiding here:

IMG_0845.JPG

Last edited:
I swear it feels like you're DESTROYING your truck when you do internal wiring...

But it's all back together now...no worse for the wear...and I'm AMAZED at how well $26 worth of lighting performs for visibility back there...

My tailgate, drawers and roll tops suddenly turn into a shadow-free, perfectly-lit work bench. Total of only 2 or 4 watts...which is less than half of ONE OEM interior light bulb (10 watts each until you swap to LEDs). Thanks, @Mogwai, for the link and info on this excellent mod!

**Finished photos to follow when night falls...**

FullSizeRender 72.jpg

Last edited:
I swear it feels like you're DESTROYING your truck when you do internal wiring...

But it's all back together now...no worse for the wear...and I'm AMAZED at how well $26 worth of lighting performs for visibility back there...

My drawers and roll tops suddenly turn into a perfectly-let work bench. Total of only 2 or 4 watts...which is less than half of ONE OEM interior light bulb (10 watts each until you swap to LEDs). Thanks, @Mogwai, for the link and info on this excellent mod!

**Finished photos to follow when night falls...**

View attachment 1423904
Come to NY and do mine

Not what have I done this week, more like what am I going to do this week (hopefully).

Rotors dropped off at machine shop.
TRD brake pads F&R.
Bilstein 4600 shocks (sourced from arich more than 2 years ago).
Roof rack.

I also ordered the OME 80 series 10mm spring stackers. Once I figure out the movable spring perch locations on the Bilstein front shocks I may get the OEM spacer that goes above the shock assembly.

WP_20170319_15_17_59_Pro.jpg

That turned out nice!

I was able to snake my power leads down the pillar without pulling so much apart but it likely didn't save much time if any.

That turned out nice!

I was able to snake my power leads down the pillar without pulling so much apart but it likely didn't save much time if any.

Thanks, and ya--maybe there was a closer line somewhere to tap, but I already had an outlet installed on a side panel and didn't want to guess about other wires... I'm a total electrical noob... Really happy with it. Thanks again, @Mogwai , for specifics.

Last edited:
Accidentally jumped it over a sand dune while running the tide..... No harm done, no damage anywhere, but could have been dicey seeing as I was doing about 80kmh (50mph?) running 20psi in the tyres at the time. If you look in the background, you can see where I came out of the sunlight into the shade and while my eyes were adjusting I didn't notice the other tyre tracks all veering around this bit of sand....
View attachment 1422983
View attachment 1422984
that is F'in awesome man!

Since my 200 is gone I had the day to finish this bastard's body work and get it on the road. Beyond fun to drive. Nothing I've driven has rev matched so well. Those wacky Germans knew how to make a car in the 80s

20170318_195243.jpg
Love that car. We had your twin back in the early 90s. I think it was Delphin Gray

Come to NY and do mine

I am in line first lol :)

Great work Mark as always. When I win the powerball, and inevitably I AM going to win, will you accept a handsome fee to become my full time 200 engineer? Of course, I will sit back in a chair with a cold beverage and marvel while you work on Gertrude.

I am in line first lol :)

Great work Mark as always. When I win the powerball, and inevitably I AM going to win, will you accept a handsome fee to become my full time 200 engineer? Of course, I will sit back in a chair with a cold beverage and marvel while you work on Gertrude.

Oh if only I were worthy of that title! :hillbilly:
I took forever to do what I'm sure is a snap for many on here...but it's fun to try stuff.

What I LOVE about this forum is--not only are people willing to share knowledge and ideas, but people are genuinely HAPPY for the success of others. It makes it extra fun when stuff works. And--If you get stuck? Someone here will know what to do.

PS. Gotta say... After taking panels apart, I was able to see some wiring that was previously done by @sleeoffroad . Man, you would not believe how CLEAN and TIGHT is the wiring work they do. It looks factory. Seriously, some great stuff. For example...when they installed my dual battery management? -You can't even see the extra wires under the hood. I mean like not AT ALL. Under the rear panels, I found everything tucked, zip-tied (with cleaned up zips), heat shrink, quality wires and efficient routing...with not even the possibility of rattling, etc. Super clean work.

Last edited:
^That speaks volumes. I prefer to work on my own cars, especially for mods, because what's done "under the hood" is important to me for future serviceability and reliability. I ask for a copacetic job whether visible or not. Plus I'm anal like that. Nothing irks me more than finding work done by some by some hack, or even worse a professional hack.

Reminds me of the time I serviced my front bearings after it being done by Lexus 50k miles prior. It was obvious they didn't have the right tools when there were chisel marks on the large spindle nut - both ways. And of course, preload was way too loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom