Carolina Relic Run 2017 - June 9th-11th 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ExpeditionUtah puts on an event called the Relic Run out in Wyoming.... It is sad that, of all people, another group of offroad enthusiasts would take issue over the name of a separate event happening over a thousand miles away and at a totally different time of the year.

So, if they have the name Trademarked then they can sure.

Yeah, I heard about it. @FJinTegaCay ran it down and we couldn't find a registered copyright on the name, but since our event is listed as "Carolina Relic Run" in Toyota Trails, we are changing the name to be "Carolina Relic Run" to avoid conflict.

Those guys at ExpeditionUtah don't charge for their event and it's not even Toyota specific. None of us had even heard of them until they got upset about our FB post.

Last edited:
So, if they have the name Trademarked then they can sure.
Fortunately, I don't think they'd ever be able to trademark the term "Relic Run." If any organization used the words Relic Run, they'd get in trouble. So if the National Ford Model A Association decided they wanted to do a Relic Run, they'd get in trouble. It's too much of generalized term to trademark. It would be like trying to trademark "Concourse d'elegance."

I like the addition of Carolina to the title but I doubt seriously if it was necessary. Their event is Relic Run/Retro Ramble which is a lot different than our title. BTW Have the name Relic Run trademarked and watch the fun begin!

Yeah, I heard about it. @FJinTegaCay ran it down and we couldn't find a registered copyright on the name, but since our event is listed as "Carolina Relic Run" in Toyota Trails, we are changing the name to be "Carolina Relic Run" to avoid conflict.

Those guys at ExpeditionUtah don't charge for their event and it's not even Toyota specific. None of us had even heard of them until they got upset about our FB post.
I'm going to add that we also use #carolinarelicrun in our hastagging for the event to avoid confusion with the event put on by ExpeditionUtah. I encourage everyone to do the same when mentioning the event on social media.

Carolina Relic Run it is and hopefully their concern over the name will not rear its head again.

They will be watching this thread so might keep it tame. I see no problem with CRR.

;)

David (CarolinaRelicRun) and Steve Jackson (RelicRun) are going to catch up on the phone and get something figured out.

Off to start Utah Trollhole Cruisers :D

This kinda stuff is super common. "Rock the Runway" fashion shows argue about it all the time. Nobody has claim to the name - because it's generic and common. Anything with alliteration like that is.

The fact that neither is a "for profit" event and neither has exclusive rights to the name should mean that it's a non-issue.

;)

David (CarolinaRelicRun) and Steve Jackson (RelicRun) are going to catch up on the phone and get something figured out.

Off to start Utah Trollhole Cruisers :D

Only if i can start a company called CRUISER OUTFITTERS (and in small print) of fine and exotic garments.

^ What he said! I can see it now, leopard print TEQ shirts, boxers and other cool stuff.

If a hundy looks like this, can I run the relic run? ;<)

Flex Dream LC100 Biege-Black (1).jpg

Maybe this could sneak in.....Maybe one day when I'm done paying for college and weddings I will have some coin to pay @Trollhole to do this to (one of) my 80('s)!

0503168a30140605w00101-jpg.29575

I like the round headlights.

Ye
Those are down right ugly.
ha. I'm not a big fan either. I think if anything it's the body shape of the 80 and 100 series that needs to be changed. To heck with the headlights

Talked with Todd at Real Steel Cruiser Parts. He is donating a set of Factory Soft Top Bows. A 1k value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom