Carolina Relic Run 2017 - June 9th-11th 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Won't be the first time! Or the last!

I would go just to register for this!

Not on the black list after all. TT arrived today. John's article was very good and the photos Alex took ware first rate. Good job guys! I'll bet the next write-up will be as good or maybe a little better.

I'm really excited to be leading this event again this year and could not be more happy with the article and photos appearing in this most recent edition of Toyota Trails.

Below please find the draft schedule of events. Please PM me with suggested revisions and additions.

Organized Events & Activities:

Friday, June 9th
Check-in and Vehicle Inspection
Dusk Trail Ride
Games including cornhole, kickball and ladder toss​

Saturday, June 10th
7 am – 9 am - Check-in and Vehicle Inspection
9 am – 10:30 am – Relic Run
Dress in period attire, pack your lunch and hit the easy and moderate trails​

11 am – 5 pm – Trail Rides
Split up into groups seeking varying levels of difficult terrain. Have lunch with your old and new friends along the trail​

5 pm – Judging begins for the following competitions
1. Best dressed
2. Oldest Land Cruiser
3. Longest Continuous Ownership
4. Best Overall Condition
5. Iron Butt Award (furthest driven to the event in their Land Cruiser)
6. Best Patina
7. Most Original
8. Most Unoriginal/Modified
9. Best Overall Vintage Camping Equipment
10. Fan Favorite​

6:30 pm – Group Photos
7 pm – Hamburger and Hot Dog Dinner
8:30 pm - Awards

Sunday, June 11th
9 am – Trail Rides
11 am – Campsite Checkout​

Our very own Alex Cortani (@Green Hell Mustang) designed these incredibly awesome stickers for the event. He had them printed up and I was able to show them to some of you at this past weekend's Meet and Greet.
CRR Sticker.PNG

I'll need volunteers to pull this event off but will start a separate thread in the weeks ahead so as not to clutter this one. Feel free to PM me if there is a particular area for which you'd be most interested to help.

I've had fun purchasing prizes for this year's event and I'm very thankful for our generous sponsors. If you know of someone that is interested in becoming a sponsor please put them in contact with me. If there is a business you think would benefit by sponsoring this niche group that we should reach out to, please PM me.

Not on the black list after all. TT arrived today. John's article was very good and the photos Alex took ware first rate. Good job guys! I'll bet the next write-up will be as good or maybe a little better.
Thanks David! My magazine got here today too. I get sample copies from the printer to keep on hand, but I also get a copy via standard mail.

You have a good eye Alex, and John has a way of telling a tale that keeps you interested. Good job guys :)

As of right now, I'm out for The Relic Run... Found out today that I have mandatory weekend duty AND night shift for the month of June. :frown: Will try to swap weekends with someone, but that normally doesn't work out well.

Happy to be employed, though, so I'm counting my blessings. Y'all have fun and be safe!

As of right now, I'm out for The Relic Run... Found out today that I have mandatory weekend duty AND night shift for the month of June. :frown: Will try to swap weekends with someone, but that normally doesn't work out well.

Happy to be employed, though, so I'm counting my blessings. Y'all have fun and be safe!

I hate you. Now I'll have no one to cuddle with.

ok I'll be down the weekend before to pick up your 40....You know....since you'll be busy. ;)

I'm donating a fj40 factory soft top for the raffle this year. $1300 item.

Incredibly generous Marshall! Thanks for your support of ONSC.

:beer: R

All I hear are excuses. You keep saying you need to make more events; here's your opportunity!

Well, I'm officially out now. Got a wedding invite for that Saturday from Emma's college roommate. So, even if I was going to try and stretch for the RR, I'm going to be in a monkey suit instead.

Dude, I thought I was done with weddings for the most part, given my age.

Dude, I thought I was done with weddings for the most part, given my age.
The ugly ones take longer to marry off.

Edit: fat fingers meant to type "Us ugly ones..."

Last edited:
There has been some Facebook drama revolving around the phrase, "Relic Run" and who has the right to use it. Last year's event was so much fun. I sincerely hope that trying to grow the event through print (Toyota Trails) and social media (Facebook) doesn't ruin our good time going forward.

Didn't realize there was any drama about the name. Where was it?

ExpeditionUtah puts on an event called the Relic Run out in Wyoming. They expressed concern when they saw our Facebook post about the Carolina Relic Run. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and we will continue on unhindered. It is sad that, of all people, another group of offroad enthusiasts would take issue over the name of a separate event happening over a thousand miles away and at a totally different time of the year.

Edited.

Last edited:
So, if they have the name Trademarked then they can sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom