Carolina Relic Run 2017 - June 9th-11th 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Threads
R78tQsCSLwZlJj_B6ptnqLi2vJA8ata93MhYfNi4-PRC_1FxNVN86OD9LXPWAv0n3_OsYqhgLr0CifYaJo5EQFsHB7YNeCVS6SZhrLfyTw_gr4KK5OpSRnSi4utLEM-CJWfJ1BhaCJK0JRM4o11yyHkYEwzNCZc0_qH4YlJ9LhLP4MO-u6n-A1UVXWUx9gGIMfCk4VEN2rIyPhfd4Ex6QPC-GWfIfCJNOPpu3G8Y-eIVewKnL-Mxv2gEXH5gaNCH6iYor28m92R_e5Uy-C2Zh4mRLIHCFALjg7Ok3qTrDhtq91M60KQvUF_rtYmxL8yN0ckBMrlp0ZODGPXiGygGFVAwwc8iTMelj_C3-UXTeF8oCg0rGkCSmBQR0H81qUl0WAvS8AHwjpPKUCQ9Ju_5aQZwekvXBPaMJTrOKle0ReL-JR5nzqeItEHdZS-9y3fZ4qUMzhrZ7DRmzq2RUs-8HrXL-46QXiaI-29ZX9gT2TN3CmNohjivi3dUWjUL4BY1LgtPEsDxCOgWl7f3YprQb44sPRgS-3bIQym89xnp2BB6rv09fk_seIi_NmbxJ4imarYkSsEAKKWqFlFJBDSXssDWoDYlp1Jdivtwr2OJecijM1rLajvDOWCIF9BorYLSYplnzm6CdZ1atWgts_Nh6lQ65MBGJX7lUcQLNme2KA=w1078-h808-no

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!!
Please head over to ONSC's Website (click here)

About the Event

The Carolina Relic Run was created as a special event for vintage Toyota Land Cruisers (build dates of 1990 and earlier) in the Southeast but is open to owners of all Toyotas having 4WD. The event is organized by the Olde North State Cruisers, a not-for-profit chapter of the Toyota Land Cruiser Association (TLCA). Click HERE to view the article which appeared in the March/April edition of Toyota Trails, the official magazine of the TLCA.

Since the focus of the event is on Toyota “Relics”, only trucks with build dates of 1990 and earlier will be able to participate in the official “Relic Run”, be in official event pictures and be eligible to receive awards. However, we encourage Toyota 4×4 owners of ALL YEARS to attend the event, participate in the raffles and camp with us at the Badin Lake Group Camp!

The 2017 Carolina Relic Run will be held Friday, June 9th – Sunday, June 11th 2017 at Uwharrie National Forest!!!

Uwharrie National Forrest is approximately 51,000 acres in size and offers outdoor activities including hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing, swimming, boating and approximately 20 miles of trails designated for off-roading.

Below please find the draft schedule of events. Please PM me with suggested revisions and additions.

Organized Events & Activities:

Friday, June 9th
Check-in and Vehicle Inspection
Dusk Trail Ride
Games including cornhole, kickball and ladder toss​

Saturday, June 10th

7 am – 9 am - Check-in and Vehicle Inspection
9 am – 10:30 am – Relic Run
Dress in period attire, pack your lunch and hit the easy and moderate trails​

11 am – 5 pm – Trail Rides

Split up into groups seeking varying levels of difficult terrain. Have lunch with your old and new friends along the trail​
5 pm – Judging begins for the following competitions

1. Best dressed
2. Oldest Land Cruiser
3. Longest Continuous Ownership
4. Best Overall Condition
5. Iron Butt Award (furthest driven to the event in their Land Cruiser)
6. Best Patina
7. Most Original
8. Most Unoriginal/Modified
9. Best Overall Vintage Camping Equipment
10. Fan Favorite​

6:30 pm – Group Photos
7 pm – Hamburger and Hot Dog Dinner
8:30 pm - Awards

Sunday, June 11th
9 am – Trail Rides
11 am – Campsite Checkout​

Our very own Alex Cortani (@Green Hell Mustang) designed these incredibly awesome stickers for the event. He had them printed up and I was able to show them to some of you at this past weekend's Meet and Greet.

crr-sticker-png.1421889

Campsite Details:
Olde North State Cruisers has reserved all three group campsites at Badin Lake Group Camp, which offers flushable toilets, vault toilets, showers and drinking water.

DIRECTIONS

From the Eldorado Outpost:
Head north on Hwy 109
Turn left on Mullinix Road
Turn right on NF-554
Turn right on Badin Lake Road
First left on Badin Lake Ramp
Turn right into the Group Camp area about 1/4 mile down.

Via Google Maps:
Google Maps

GPS Coordinates:
35.4510162,-80.0720509

Family Friendly:
Bring the entire family! Well-behaved dogs are welcome and kids age 17 and under get in for free!

Trails for Everyone:
The 20-mile trail system is primarily geared for 4x4s and four wheelers but all vehicle types, including dirt bikes, are permitted. As trail difficulties ranges from mild to difficult, there are trails suited for both stock and built Toyotas, and everything in between. Note: Your vehicle must be “street legal” to access the trails from the campsite. Otherwise, it will need to be trailered.

Great Value
Your drivers registration includes 2 nights of camping, event fee, dinner, event t-shirt, ticket for the drivers raffle, access to general raffle, and more.

Driver Pre-Registration
  • Includes Event Fee
  • Access to Campsites
  • Drivers Raffle Ticket
  • Saturday Night Dinner
  • Event Decal
  • Event T-shirt
Register before May 15th and save $10
Cost - $45

Driver On-Site Registration
  • Includes Event Fee
  • Access to Campsites
  • Drivers Raffle Ticket
  • Saturday Night Dinner
  • Event Decal
  • Event T-shirt (while supplies last, no guarantees)
Cost - $55

Passenger Registration (pre-registration or on-site)
  • Access to Campsites
  • Saturday Night Dinner
Cost - $10

Raffle Prizes:

We’ve been fortunate to have our sponsors donate some fantastic raffle items. Please consider buying your tickets for the General Raffle when you register. Below is a partial list of what some lucky people will be winning.

Driver’s Raffle

· Courtesy of Trollhole Cruisres - PVC Soft Top and hardware kit for 40 series Land Cruiser (winner can choose color and window layout)– MSRP $1,400

· Soft top frame bow kit – Courtesy of Real Steel Cruiser Parts – MSRP $925

General Raffle

· Gift certificates and merchandise from Land Cruiser Heaven valued at $1,500

· A pair of Corbeau Moab seats – Courtesy of Carolina Off-road Outfitters – MSRP $478

· Gift certificates from Carolina Off-road Outfitters having a combined valued of $500

· Terrain Tamer Knuckle Kits – Courtesy of Terrain Tamer and Cruiser Brothers - MSRP $99 and we have 3 of them!

· TEQ metal fuel can – Courtesy of Eric Forrest (@forrest5000) – valued at $355.30

· Full Yellow Zinc JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) Kit for FJ40, organizer and Stainless Steel JIS front door hinge kit - Courtesy of Overland Metric - Combined MSRP of $255

· OEM FJ40 radiator courtesy of Land Cruiser Parts and Consulting, LLC – MSRP of $392

· Miscellaneous items from Cool Cruisers of Texas valued at $150-$250

· Truck Awning from Iguana Tents valued at $280

· $150 certificate for a Inti Roof Rack for a 40-60 or 80 from Payara Offroad!!

Additional Info:
  • Not included are the daily OHV Trail Passes which can be purchased at the Eldorado Outpost at a cost of $3 per day.
  • To participate in official event trail rides, vehicles must pass ONSC Vehicle Inspection Requirements which can be found HERE
  • General Raffle Tickets - $1 each or 25 for $20 and can be purchased as part of registration or at the registration tent at the event.
  • Extra T-Shirts can be ordered during online registration for an extra $15 order or purchased at the registration tent while supplies last
  • PLEASE be sure to let us know how many children age 17 and under you will have in your party so we can plan accordingly (via the "Child" add-on during registration)

Future edits to come, so stay tuned to this post for updates.

The Carolina Relic Run is not to be confused with the annual "Relic Run "event organized by Expedition Utah. The Carolina Relic Run is not endorsed by and is not in any way affiliated with Expedition Utah or its event.

Last edited:
Grrrr - Big Rock is that following week. :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Any idea of a rough schedule? My brother has his high school graduation that Saturday. So I'd need to head out that morning and only participate in Friday activities.

Yeah, following week, meaning you can make Relic Run.

I will try, but activities actually start that weekend prior and that's when we head down. I don't want to be flat busted for a week of offshore fishing, so I'll have to think about whether a day trip on Saturday is just going to be pushing it - right now I think so :/ But, I'm feeling old after a 3-night run of live music has me pushing the struggle buggy. :)

I will try, but activities actually start that weekend prior and that's when we head down. I don't want to be flat busted for a week of offshore fishing, so I'll have to think about whether a day trip on Saturday is just going to be pushing it - right now I think so :/ But, I'm feeling old after a 3-night run of live music has me pushing the struggle buggy. :)

All I hear are excuses. You keep saying you need to make more events; here's your opportunity!

On a side note, the link to TT above goes back to the Jan/Feb issue and not the current Mar/Apr issue that is supposed to be out. I haven't received mine yet.

1990 still eligible? I should make this for sure

Yes you are.

On a side note, the link to TT above goes back to the Jan/Feb issue and not the current Mar/Apr issue that is supposed to be out. I haven't received mine yet.

Yup, the March/April issue isn't on their website yet.

My understanding is that all members can attend but there are specific items that only apply to the "relics"

Any idea of a rough schedule? My brother has his high school graduation that Saturday. So I'd need to head out that morning and only participate in Friday activities.
Friday will be the first registration and set up day. Actual RR events with the featured vehicles will begin Saturday morning.

My understanding is that all members can attend but there are specific items that only apply to the "relics"

Added this earlier today to the first post and the website:

Since the focus of the event is on Toyota “Relics”, only trucks with build dates of 1990 and earlier will be able to participate in the official “Relic Run”, be in official event pictures and be eligible to receive awards. However, we encourage Toyota 4×4 owners of ALL YEARS to attend the event, participate in the raffles and camp with us at the Badin Lake Group Camp!

Added this earlier today to the first post and the website:

NICE!

Are non-members with relic LC's allowed? Trying to convince them to join and that stock trucks can do the easy trails. ;<)

Are non-members with relic LC's allowed? Trying to convince them to join and that stock trucks can do the easy trails. ;<)
Do not have to be member

Thank you!

The Mar/Apr issue is now available online.

Edit: My issue hasn't shown up yet, seems to be later than usual. Could that be my reward for starting to ask why the Relic Run article died and wasn't published as planned?

Last edited:
You're on the Black List Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom