Rolling the dice on this fridge 63QQT $270 shipped (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What insulation blanket thingy are you using?

In my case, it's a hacked front windshield heat barrier, generic flavor IIRC. I cut and Velcroed it to fit. Cost around $15.

Pics
FridgeWrap3.jpg
FridgeWrap1.jpg
FridgeWrap2.jpg

@LS1FJ40 Go to home depot and find the silver bubble wrap in the insulation dept,
Enerflex 4 ft. x 12 ft. Radiant Barrier Insulation Roll-115362 - The Home Depot
or Reflectix 16 in. x 25 ft. Double Reflective Insulation with Staple Tab-ST16025 - The Home Depot
pick out your pref and a half roll of ductape and you'll have a nice cover. Check earlier in the thread, Phil made a nice one for like $25, it helps keep the sun off and makes the unit run less often.

DUDE! I work for Lowe's! Lowe's is the official home improvement store of Land Cruisers! No plugs for the Orange store allowed! :bang:

I used that for insulation on y sleep platform. I was going to use it for my Edgestar but didn't know if anyone had anything a little more "finished". I'm going to sew up a cover to go over the reflectix.

DUDE! I work for Lowe's! Lowe's is the official home improvement store of Land Cruisers! No plugs for the Orange store allowed! :bang:

I used that for insulation on y sleep platform. I was going to use it for my Edgestar but didn't know if anyone had anything a little more "finished". I'm going to sew up a cover to go over the reflectix.

I was considering this to hide the insulation and cover up most of the scratches on my fridge.

now that I contributed to the thread...
1hwo8l_zpseevxrjoz.jpg

WHOOPSIE DAISY, sorry to mention the homeless despot! Anyhow there are blankets for these but once you see the price you'll be duct taping one like Phil!

There seems to be an 80qt Edgestar available for sale right now on the scratch and dent page...
Good tip, sir, I appreciate it. Just ordered it. Was going to get the 63,but that's a good price!

I got excited for a second. Im looking for another one for the wife new 4runner. That way she doesn't have to complain about it being difficult getting the groceries out of mine in the summer.

How much was it? Looks like I missed it again :mad:

I'm contemplating selling my 80qt that I got last year. Works great but I think I might be going another direction...

I believe there were two. I grabbed an 80qt for $357, I guess the price has gone up some. I found this thread a few months ago and have been checking every day, several times a day. I was hoping for a smaller one for my wife's Outback, but was glad to get a larger one for my 80. The double secret probation technique for getting one of these is to check to see if any are available while you are sitting on the toilet and make sure your wallet is on the table in the entryway! I will post here if I see them available again. Happy hunting.

I believe there were two. I grabbed an 80qt for $357, I guess the price has gone up some. I found this thread a few months ago and have been checking every day, several times a day. I was hoping for a smaller one for my wife's Outback, but was glad to get a larger one for my 80. The double secret probation technique for getting one of these is to check to see if any are available while you are sitting on the toilet and make sure your wallet is on the table in the entryway! I will post here if I see them available again. Happy hunting.
Took me 6 months checking like you to snag my 63.

Good tip, sir, I appreciate it. Just ordered it. Was going to get the 63,but that's a good price!
BTW, in case anyone was wondering, I didn't get this. They canceled my order a week after and said that someone had just beaten me to it before the website could update. I called them tried to turn this into a good deal on a new one, but the best they would do was 10% off, which didn't seem great. Might be worth getting a Dometic instead...

^ or an Engel which are 40% off right now.

^ or an Engel which are 40% off right now.
Yeah, was thinking about them too, but I think there may be more value for the Dometic. The 63qt, Dual zone ones are $654 and the accessories are MUCH cheaper (like the travel blanket is around $35 and the slides are something like half). I guess when you factor the Engel reliability there is value in keeping it for a long time, but their 60qt size is something like a grand, even with the discount, and the dual zone ones are even more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom