Bolt spacing, harmonic balancer? Making tool need to know. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For the life of me....I can not find this information.

I am making a 'holding tool' that will work for both my LX and my 80 series.

Apparently the bolt spacing for my LX (100 series) is 65 mm center to center, so I have that info already, but
I've read (in my searches) that the bolt spacing is wider for the 80 series?

Anyone know what the REAL dimension is?

That's alot of work when you can just use a socket on the flywheel.... Torqued the pulley no problems this way.

That's alot of work when you can just use a socket on the flywheel.... Torqued the pulley no problems this way.

Yes, I can bump the starter to get the balancer bolt loose too (most likely) but that is not the way I prefer to do it.

Appreciate the 'tip' however.

Now....anyone happen to know the center to center distance before an old man has to crawl under there check for myself? :)

Here's just a little help. I don't have either piece in front of me to measure, but I did research and verify that they use two different SSTs from Toyota.

Here's just a little help. I don't have either piece in front of me to measure, but I did research and verify that they use two different SSTs from Toyota.

^^^^^^^^ Yes Sir, I believe that is correct. Or at least I have read that one or two places...but no mention of the C to C dimensions for the 80 series Balancer.

Figured it would be a sticky in the FAQ section as many as have made a tool for it, but I didn't see it. My 'Search-Fu' is not all that great though.

Do you happen to know what threads the bolts need to be?

I made a tool out of steel bar for a 2uz-fe motor. It kind of looks like a "y" but the arm pivots and you don't need to spend time getting it just perfect. Took about 10 mins to weld and drill out once I found the tools.

Do you happen to know what threads the bolts need to be?

I made a tool out of steel bar for a 2uz-fe motor. It kind of looks like a "y" but the arm pivots and you don't need to spend time getting it just perfect. Took about 10 mins to weld and drill out once I found the tools.

8mm X 1.25 X (desired length).

OK, crawled underneath the LC and measured the bolt spacing this A.M.

Looks like it is right at 90mm (center to center). Compared to 65mm for the 100 series/LX.

The bolts required for either are 8mm X 1.25 X (desired length).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom