rear wiring harness connector trouble (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any experience fixing a melted / corroded wiring harness connector? I was chasing down some trouble with my rear taillights on my FJ60 and fixed some problems then found more. The blue connector from the main harness to the rear harness has a corroded / melted pin and I need to replace it I think.
IMG_1293.jpg
IMG_1294.jpg

Anyone ever replace these with new? I am thinking of redoing / creating a new rear harness anyways as mine is all screwball from prior owner splicing in a trailer wiring. I cut that out but it looks a mess. I am willing to figure this out but not really sure how to get started. Also need some guidance on what gauge wire to use if I do attempt this rather than just sourcing a used harness if I can even find one.

That connector is toast. Discard it. The purpose of a multiwire connector is convenience. Depending on the number of wires that need to be joined, you can also get away with using a less dense connector and using a couple of them. Like three four pin WeatherPak plugs might work well (depending on how many wires there are.

Here's a website that sells all kinds of DC-DC automotive connectors. See if they have what you're looking for.

Personally I'd just use WeatherPaks.

image.jpeg

Automotive DC Connectors - Connectors from Allied Electronics

That connector is toast. Discard it. The purpose of a multiwire connector is convenience. Depending on the number of wires that need to be joined, you can also get away with using a less dense connector and using a couple of them. Like three four pin WeatherPak plugs might work well (depending on how many wires there are.

Here's a website that sells all kinds of DC-DC automotive connectors. See if they have what you're looking for.

Personally I'd just use WeatherPaks.

View attachment 1414554

Automotive DC Connectors - Connectors from Allied Electronics
Thanks for the reply. That is what I was thinking but was not willing to take the next step without a nudge. I will order some up and get going.

And you'll make you life easier if you can find a connector that'll accept those spades. Also, get a set of connector tools.

This set is cheap and works great.

LINK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom