New F & 2F carbs (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Marshal, or anyone else ever experience this obstacle? The tube on the insulator contacting the stud? I know my nomenclature is off, but do I cut and plug the tube or cut down the stud? It doesn't attach to anything and is retained by a c-clip close to the carb body. 12/74 FJ40, btw. The old carb didn't have the long stud.

I already read about plugging and capping the future line at the pump since the TH carb isn't plummed for it.

Any help is appreciated.

0210172210-1.jpg

Marshal, or anyone else ever experience this obstacle? The tube on the insulator contacting the stud? I know my nomenclature is off, but do I cut and plug the tube or cut down the stud? It doesn't attach to anything and is retained by a c-clip close to the carb body. 12/74 FJ40, btw. The old carb didn't have the long stud.

I already read about plugging and capping the future line at the pump since the TH carb isn't plummed for it.

Any help is appreciated.

View attachment 1399673

I think it's covered elsewhere but I just zipped mine off
IMG_8521.JPG

HI
I sent you a PM -
I'm looking for a stock / restored Asian 2bbl carb for my 1972 FJ55.

I see several on your post but wanted to be sure I requested the correct one.

THanks
Mike

Well I encountered my first vacuum leak. Looks like base of my carb and after looking at cost for parts I'm thinking of just replacing the whole thing.

It seems as though I'm running a 1973 2bbl original carb on a 2F engine from 1976. Is this ok or would you recommend upgrading to a 1976 carb? When are these expected to be ready?

Rebubula, You will have to remove the snorkel and air filter if you go to a newer (center bolt) carb.

Is it broke? Where exactly is the leak?

Hey Dudley, It is leaking at the base of the carb just above he manifold (bottom of the insulator). Started dying on my with choke in, had to pull choke 1/4 way out. Sprayed brake cleaner on it and rpms increased so I'm guessing it needs new gasket?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I need some help... Received my TH carb last week, I had a weber 34/34 on it from the PO. The electric choke on the weber wasn't hooked up and there were no wires going to it. What is the wire coming off the new TH carb? What does it plug into? The TH carbs aren't electric choke are they? Does anyone have a pic of the stock choke cable hooked up to the TH carb? Just trying to get this thing installed.... Thanks!

Marshal, What rebuild kit should I purchase for the 2f carb I bought from you? I need to open it up and find out what is going on with the primaries. Thank you.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I need some help... Received my TH carb last week, I had a weber 34/34 on it from the PO. The electric choke on the weber wasn't hooked up and there were no wires going to it. What is the wire coming off the new TH carb? What does it plug into? The TH carbs aren't electric choke are they? Does anyone have a pic of the stock choke cable hooked up to the TH carb? Just trying to get this thing installed.... Thanks!

Okay, figured out that it's the idle solenoid, but the PO must have cut mine off from the wiring harness when he put on the weber. I don't have anywhere to plug it into, and looking through the wiring diagrams for my year, I can't find it. Is it called something else in the wiring diagram? How do I route the wiring? Any help would be appreciated, I want to get her back on the road! Thanks, Eric!

Okay, figured out that it's the idle solenoid, but the PO must have cut mine off from the wiring harness when he put on the weber. I don't have anywhere to plug it into, and looking through the wiring diagrams for my year, I can't find it. Is it called something else in the wiring diagram? How do I route the wiring? Any help would be appreciated, I want to get her back on the road! Thanks, Eric!
I think mine is hooked up to the coil +

I sent payment for a 2F carb a couple weeks back and have had no response. Can I get confirmation that I am getting a carb or not?

My suggestion if you don't want mechanical linkages then there is only one solution and that the cable carb for 315 and use the 71-72 cable PSector sells along with the jam nuts.

Would you tell me who PSector is and how to contact? I'm having trouble locating by user name.

I'm a new FJ55 owner and interested in going back to de-smogged stock-ish from the Holley/Offy setup it currently has.

Best,

Tom

Does anyone know the thread size/pitch coming off the brass fuel line fitting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom