Finally got a LC v2.0! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was looking through my pics and figured I'd throw some more up from our summer roadtrip, on this cold day MB. Can't wait for next summer!

IMG_2419.JPG
IMG_2427.JPG
IMG_2434.JPG
IMG_2438.JPG

Dropped the truck off at Arclab again last night, the metal is back from the cutter and they are going to be tacking up my rear bumper and sliders over the next few days! Also having my front Fox IFP's rebuilt as one leaked it's fluids everywhere in the fall.

I'm going to have the front bumper powder coated the same color as the rear, I haven't picked the color yet but thinking a shade of grey or graphite to match the belt molding on the truck. The sliders will be done in black.

IMG_2709[1].JPG

IMG_2710[1].JPG

Are they planning to offer that bumper as a kit? Would be nice to have another made-in-Canada option.

Are they planning to offer that bumper as a kit? Would be nice to have another made-in-Canada option.

I think that's the plan, yes.

I just read the whole thread, I think it's going to be a great resource for me since I'm getting a JDM HDJ in the next couple of months. I have a question for you, what was the reason you needed to switch out the headlights? Is there a difference between JDM and NA headlights?

I just read the whole thread, I think it's going to be a great resource for me since I'm getting a JDM HDJ in the next couple of months. I have a question for you, what was the reason you needed to switch out the headlights? Is there a difference between JDM and NA headlights?

JDM lenses cast the light to the left, opposite of what our North American Headlights do, so they hit the street signs in the ditches and are not shining into the eyes of oncoming traffic. They get called for the Provincial Safety inspections you need the vehicle to pass before you can register it here in MB. Needs to have DOT/SAE/E-code marking on the lense to pass safety.

JDM lenses cast the light to the left, opposite of what our North American Headlights do, so they hit the street signs in the ditches and are not shining into the eyes of oncoming traffic. They get called for the Provincial Safety inspections you need the vehicle to pass before you can register it here in MB. Needs to have DOT/SAE/E-code marking on the lense to pass safety.

Thanks, that makes perfect sense.

Really starting to take shape now!

IMG_2716[1].JPG
IMG_2715[1].JPG

Another quick progress pic of the sliders and the top plate for them!

IMG_2727[1].JPG
IMG_2726[1].JPG

I was going to have my Fox IFP 2.0's on the front rebuilt as the driver's side had puked it's oil, but the nylock nut is seized on the shaft (yay MB winters!), priced out new shafts and decided to scrap the rebuild and bought another set of fronts with warranty. Sonny @ DownSouth got me looked after. New shocks will go on in the spring with a set of boots to cover the shafts so this doesn't happen again.

Got the truck back last night, sliders and rear bumper are all tacked up now, and look great! Once their all welded it's off to the powder coater! Getting close now!

IMG_2728[1].JPG
IMG_2729[1].JPG
IMG_2731[1].JPG

Back at the shop last night to fit the tow receiver, add some tabs for the mudflaps to attach to, and pulled off the front bumper so it can be sent out for powdercoating with the rest. Front and rear bumpers, and sliders will all be done in gunmetal, a very close match to the front grille and side molding charcoal color. I'm really happy with how it's all turning out, and excited to see the truck all back together finally!

IMG_2734.JPG
IMG_2735.JPG
IMG_2738.JPG

In other news, I had noticed one of the front Fox IFP 2.0 shocks had leaked in the fall, looked into rebuilding as they were off warranty already, but ended up buying a fresh pair instead. With the truck up on the hoist last night it would appear my rears are both leaking as well, not impressed.

Got my used oil analysis back from Blackstone labs, pushed it to 12,000kms this time around, which includes our road trip this summer, and all at between 15-22psi of boost from the turbo. Results are excellent, with the recommendations to push the oil change interval to 15,000kms! I'm running Rotella 5w40 T6 synthetic and OEM Toyota filter. I'll be sticking to 10,000 km intervals going forward, not looking to save money on oil changes, just curious what the results would be.

Attachments

• Oil Analysis 2.pdf
    113.8 KB · Views: 77
I've been waiting for a conversion harness to put some FJ80 headlights in the truck to pass safety, but a series if miscommunications resulted in that not being shipped out. What I do have is the harness to connect my retrofitted DEPO's, so that's what happened last night!

The DEPO's have e-code markings on the lense, but I fear the retrofit could cause issues for the inspector, I guess we'll find out.

Install was fairly straightforward, but I think one of my high beam bulbs isn't properly seated, and the high beam on one of the bi-xenon projectors isn't working, so I have some fiddling left to do.

Here's a before pic of the JDM headlights (H4 low/high, H3 fog), then one of the new units (bi-xenon projector/H1 high) with new LX450 corner lights, then with the OEM orange corner lights, which is what I ended up liking best.
View attachment 944068
View attachment 944069
View attachment 944070
View attachment 944071

They need to be aimed badly, should get a chance to mess with that this weekend.

Seatbelts should be here today, DRL module goes in on Monday, then it's time for the safety inspection, finally!

Hey @IanB

Where did you get those headlights? Those are exactly what I'm looking for!

Hey @IanB

Where did you get those headlights? Those are exactly what I'm looking for!

They are DEPO's with a bi-xenon HID projector retrofit. Very impressed with the output on these!

They are DEPO's with a bi-xenon HID projector retrofit. Very impressed with the output on these!

Did you complete the retrofit? They turned out really nice!

Did you complete the retrofit? They turned out really nice!

No, I had them done by a user on MUD who is no longer doing them. I had some issues with the highbeams blowing the headlight fuse that ended up being related to the way the harness was set up, but it's resolved now and they work great!

Big day today, bumpers and sliders are back from powdercoating, so I've taken the afternoon off to install it all. Here's a few teaser pics the shop sent me, better pics to follow once they're on the truck.

IMG_2753[1].JPG
IMG_2754[1].JPG
IMG_2755[1].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom