LX470 Hydraulic Suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I accidentally found a really nice ‘04 LX470 for sale locally-ish. It has like 90k on it, no 100k maintenance done. However, the sales guy mentioned it had the hydraulic hoses/power were rerouted to the shocks and not the actual suspension lift. It stated this was a common upgrade. Is this true?

-Also, a quick google search put replacing the air ride at about 3k. Accurate?

-Whats the average timing belt/waterpump/100k maintenance run?

Thanks!

Figure 1, 200 is a safe bet for 90k services and any other issues that might arise.

Could you elaborate on the AHC system? He's making it sound like a it's been replaced with a standard Land cruiser style suspension system. With the AHC system left in place?

Figure 1, 200 is a safe bet for 90k services and any other issues that might arise.

Could you elaborate on the AHC system? He's making it sound like a it's been replaced with a standard Land cruiser style suspension system. With the AHC system left in place?

200? not 2000?

As for the AHC, that is all I have. I'm have a follow up call this afternoon and I'll get more info.

I accidentally found a really nice ‘04 LX470 for sale locally-ish. It has like 90k on it, no 100k maintenance done. However, the sales guy mentioned it had the hydraulic hoses/power were rerouted to the shocks and not the actual suspension lift. It stated this was a common upgrade. Is this true?

Thanks!
I don't know about $3,000, but I've replaced the hydraulic hoses on a few of my vehicles from Hydraulics Direct and gotten a good deal each time. Might save you some money if you don't have that $3,000 just lying around. Here's a link to their automotive hose.

Thanks!
Service intervals are based on 7500 or 15K multiples, so at 09K for the timing belt, water pump, maybe a hose or 3, you're looking (Boise prices) ~$1200 at an outstanding and experienced indy shop. Maybe $1500 at a dealer.

I'm confused about sales guys comment...an LX normally has hoses connected to all 4 shocks, so what "rerouting". If the AHC system has been replaced with Land Cruiser equivalent parts, you're looking at regular non-AHC shocks on front and rear. With a tubing cutter and some time, you can remove what remains.

Don't understand "replacing the air ride" stuff.

Steve

Guys, I passed on this (it was 6 months ago). Basically the previous owner (who sold it to the dealership) gutted the hydraulic lift and improvised. I didn't want to deal with it. My google search and local shop ball parked 3k to fix/adjust the gutted suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom