Builds Scat's GX Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello Scat. Did you also put rubber seals on the middle of the ARB where the hood opening is? Mechanic said that he can not install the seals in that gap because that will impede opening the hood. thank you for sharing your tips.

Hello Scat. Did you also put rubber seals on the middle of the ARB where the hood opening is? Mechanic said that he can not install the seals in that gap because that will impede opening the hood. thank you for sharing your tips.

Hey Nic, I let the large rubber seal follow the hood line and cut them before they reached the center of the hood, tucking them back under the bumper lip- Leaves a small gap but its hardly noticeable. Im currently going to redo this portion to support it better, might back it with styrofoam this time. Let me know what you end up doing.

interested in following this about the front bumper. I am going back and forth between the ARB and MetalTech, like the ARB best, but like the MetalTech just mount up. looks like Sept will be the ordering time for me

Great looking GX, Scat! I love the GOBI rack. I noticed that you painted your grille sometime in 2016. I've been thinking about doing that to mine. How did you do it? Plastidip or rattle can?

What sort of alignment numbers did you get with the TC UCAs?

Here ya go! This is an alignment after inner and outer tie rods were installed, ignore the tire psi;

IMG_6551_zpskwpc72av.jpg

Whats you overall height from ground with and without your rack? Garage clearance is in mind.

About 76" to the roof and another 8" to the top of the GOBI. Hope this helps

Great looking GX, Scat! I love the GOBI rack. I noticed that you painted your grille sometime in 2016. I've been thinking about doing that to mine. How did you do it? Plastidip or rattle can?

Rattle can, used the duplicolor graphite wheel paint and some clear coat. Held up good so far but eventually will drop it off at a body shop for a permanent solution.

Last edited:
Changed out the oil in the differentials & transfer case, brake fluid flush, drive belt, new inner & outer tie rods (OEM), and greased the U joints & driveshafts this past weekend. Truck is driving great, planning on installing a new fan clutch and working on getting my ARB air compressor hooked up along with the roof rack lighting this week. Big trip coming.

Last edited:
Installed the GOBI roof rack and the ladder. Added OZ-USA mini trail lights to the front (2 spots, 2 floods) and a 30" multi colored light bar for the rear;

1_zpsi5xwtt7f.jpg

2_zpsj9pkckz8.jpg

3_zpsfq4vbmoz.jpg

4_zpsnqjerrtw.jpg

5_zpsnfbvsbqj.jpg

6_zpsvsb2uc93.jpg

Cheers!

That rear ladder looks sick with no spoiler on the back. The Gobi rack set up is really looking nice also. Great work man. Have not seen any pics of the splash guards on the front of that ARB. Any reason??

Long shot - but do you still have a link for the depo headlights? Need to ditch my worn out, green tinted set on my new GX. Thanks!

That rear ladder looks sick with no spoiler on the back. The Gobi rack set up is really looking nice also. Great work man. Have not seen any pics of the splash guards on the front of that ARB. Any reason??

Splash guards installed;

17269301_10103460795086031_626074509_o_zps1lmd6fnq.jpg

Also added grip tape to my rear ladder;

IMG_6500_zps4vansw6y.jpg

Last small mod was replacing the weak rear cargo door handle with a paracord handle (Khaki colored) from Bartact. Backed with a stainless steel plate, really happy with the results, much more stable than before.

FullSizeRender_zpss9d8s0t3.jpg

17155299_10103461080149761_6044390381917244655_n_zpsk0dgy5nq.jpg

17203167_10103461080159741_9046582094527741366_n_zpsjyocv8hq.jpg

Last edited:
very nice

Here ya go! This is an alignment after inner and outer tie rods were installed, ignore the tire psi;

IMG_6551_zpskwpc72av.jpg

About 76" to the roof and another 8" to the top of the GOBI. Hope this helps

Rattle can, used the duplicolor graphite wheel paint and some clear coat. Held up good so far but eventually will drop it off at a body shop for a permanent solution.
Really, really appreciate the follow up!

Great to see in spec. caster and even negative camber like it has from the factory. I bet it drives great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom