tire size question BFG K/O2 for 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMO I don't like Goodyear lost two sidewalls years ago and will never go back.

Those coopers are ones I will be investigating next time. Have read good things about them except that they are heavy.

Love the suggestions...Anyone familiar with goodyear Duratracs?

You know my preferences, no pressure :rofl:

The BFG's are great choices too though, especially with the current deal. You can't go wrong with either.

I will say that you might as well go with the 285's...tires take a while to wear down, and if you go with the 265's you might find yourself wishing you went bigger in 6 months.

I just replaced my 265's(not BFG) with the BFG 285's today since it was such a good deal.

Lol... if you REALLY want cheap. Check out Kenda Klever 285/75/16 @ $650.

Freaking love these things! Sick performance off-road.

Isn't Kenda a Goodyear Co?

I thought the Klever and the Duratracks shared a similar carcass?

I love the tread pattern on the Klevers!

From Google...

DT.jpg

Kenda Klever MT.jpg

Yup, great tire! Not quite as refined as the Duratrac when it comes to road noise, but a great performer. Inventory on the TSR always seems spotty though, along with its cousin the Fierce.

Here are a few pics of mine with old style 265/75/16 bfg k/o. New shocks and bushings last fall original springs. Rear was just over 5" from tire to fender. Tires about 1/2 worn.

IMG_20170217_094054_831.jpg

IMG_20170217_094109_979.jpg

@sleepdoc I've purchased 2 sets of KO2's in the last 5 months on craigslist. One set had about 10k miles on them, I think I paid $550, but had to pay another $100 to get them mounted on the wheels. The 2nd set I picked up a few weeks ago for $150 that have about 50-60% tread remaining (perfect for spare/trailer tires).

Last edited:
Don't go smaller than 285/75 R16. I have 315's on mine and they still look too small, but I have a disease! :hillbilly:

I ordered some KO2s on wheels using their Presidents Day Sale as well. Surprised they had any left in stock LOL!!

So I went with the K/O2's through Discount Tire. The sale was great and they were really what I wanted.
I also went with the 285's and they look awesome. I don't feel like I'm driving on Prius tires anymore.
Thanks to everyone who shared their experience with me.

image.jpeg

I ordered some as well with that sale! For my LX, coming from stock and going to 285/75/16's (1.6" taller and .4" wider). can't wait to get them mounted next week!

Last edited:
I ordered some as well with that sale! For my LX, coming from stock and going to 285/75/16's (1.6" taller and .4" wider). can't wait to get them mounted next week!

My son has those on his 04 LC. They look awesome. Great choice.

Here's my 05 with KO2 275/70/18 on the stock rims. 2.5in OME. It's a very simple look and I love it. Rides like a Cadillac at 80 mph and floats on bumpy dirt roads. This happens to be the stock tire width but a little taller. Some would maybe want spacers but I like the stock skinny look and it handles great. Here is what the tire chart website tells me. Stock = 275/60R18 = 31x10.8R18 What I have now = 275/70R18 = 33.2x10.8R18 Best part is no rubbing, no trimming, balance and mount the new tires and I was out the door for about $1150 at Discount. Here is the tire chart website I like: Tire Size Chart

20170527_140423.jpg

It's the Thule T2 with a 2 bike extension. IMHO it's the only rack worth having, and I ride a lot. Since these are also some good shots of the truck and the tires I'll call these pics relevant.
20170527_134937.jpg
20170528_122852.jpg

Thanks. Love the kids dust dwgs btw.

So from my thumb measurement on my screen those are evenly spaced? More to the point it'll take 4 adult bikes?

rjones

Runnerfan, Is that an oem hitch or aftermarket? Can you fit a 275/70/18 spare with the hitch in place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom