Light bar on bumper 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_0244.JPG
IMG_0240.JPG
IMG_0241.JPG
I bought this used light bar from my friend selling his jeep and I did not know where to put it but then I realized where it fit perfectly...

That worked out awesome! Now buff out those fog lights! :)

What light bar did you use? Looks like a perfect fit.

how'd you mount it? self tapping screws?

I see you've drilled the mounting brackets lower down. How sturdy is that? I have a similar bar in the same place, but mounted at the regular height, which I think is a tad too high in the bumper cutout.

I see you've drilled the mounting brackets lower down. How sturdy is that? I have a similar bar in the same place, but mounted at the regular height, which I think is a tad too high in the bumper cutout.
Yeah I mounted it at regular height and it doesn't fit the cutout so I drilled the holes about an inch lower of the original ones and I must say they feel sturdier

Yeah I mounted it at regular height and it doesn't fit the cutout so I drilled the holes about an inch lower of the original ones and I must say they feel sturdier
Here's what it looks like at the regular mount level, picture taken straight on (ish). The spots are supposedly 10°, so I don't think you lose "that" much. But it could stand to be an inch lower.

20170218_145612.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, CLEAN the fog lights!! All it takes is some 1500 and 2000 grit sand paper, and some clear coat spray paint. I did mine any they turned out great!

IMG_3147.JPG

I made two little brackets and mounted it to the frame like you did, but its also slightly wedged in the bumper cut out. Its rock solid on the road, the light doesn't vibrate when driving over washboard gravel or down the trails. However I have had a Texas State Trooper tell me I need to put my front plate back on.

I made two little brackets and mounted it to the frame like you did, but its also slightly wedged in the bumper cut out. Its rock solid on the road, the light doesn't vibrate when driving over washboard gravel or down the trails. However I have had a Texas State Trooper tell me I need to put my front plate back on.
It looks real good and I have yet to test kind on the road but I'm gonna drive it tonight and hit some trails on Monday, and I mounted my license plate a little lower I just drilled some holes in the bumper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom