New leather upholstery. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kelly saad

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Just got my new leather. I ordered two tone that matches the rest of the interior, and perforated inserts. I like it. My pics don't show the correct colors, but it looks extremely close in person. Leatherseats.com for about $1100 for the front 2 rows. I also bought an extra yard of each color to do the center console and other stuff in the future if I want.

IMG_7623.JPG

IMG_7624.JPG

IMG_7625.JPG

IMG_8105.JPG

Thanks for the info. That two tone looks sweet!

Yep. Looks great. Are you going to have a pro install it or track down some hog pliers and DIY?

Yep. Looks great. Are you going to have a pro install it or track down some hog pliers and DIY?
I can do it myself. I have sewn upholstery in the past, I'm self taught but can handle installing this for sure.

I have a 01 with the Oak interior, any idea what color is the closest match from these guys?

I have a 01 with the Oak interior, any idea what color is the closest match from these guys?
I went through a ton of their samples and found what I thought was the closest. 094 was the tan and 088 is the dark. If you look on the color chart you will see it, but you need a real sample to compare.

subbed for outcome

Very nice. The quality looks amazing. Very interested to see installed pics. Good luck and props for doing it yourself. Will be more rewarding when it's all done.

I just ordered and will receive my front seats from LSeat this Thursday. I ordered hog ring pliers and rings and will recover the seats myself. I had quotes to just do the cover installs at over $900. What a ripoff.

Those covers look awesome, can't wait to see them installed!

Can anyone give me some insight into removing the hard plastic under second row seat DS?
Something (possible beans or dog food (PO's kids)) rolling around in bottom.

Seat bottom plastic:

Seat second row DS bottom.jpg

Can anyone give me some insight into removing the hard plastic under second row seat DS?
Something (possible beans or dog food (PO's kids)) rolling around in bottom.

Seat bottom plastic:

View attachment 1413819

Around the perimeter of the plastic is a channel that the leather hooks/tucks into. Pull off that plastic panel on the upper left corner and you'll see where you can start working a screwdriver in there.

Thanks @labcab, I see that channel leathers hooked onto. Looks like a bear to stretch & hook back on when I'm done.

Are there any snaps or screws hold on plastic once I get leather unhooked?

So I'm thinking; if I unhook the bottom, I may be able to pull on plastic enough that whatever's rolling around in there may fall out. Does that sound like it will work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom